Twin recievers will it work.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hi Boys; Just swopped a On didge box for a S** didge box with a couple
of months left on the card (minimum package). Now got a motorised Sys
Strong 4374 and a C120 (twin) lnb. Is it poss to fit Sky box to my strong receiver useing my motor Dish/or do i need a seperate feed from LNB,Or is it not poss without a minidish. Also will i b able to inform sky when subscription runs out and change it over to me.
DAVE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ideally you will need a twin LNB for trouble free operation Dave, you could however just fit an A/B switch (manual) or smart priority switch to use the single feed from the dish.

You would have to take out a new subscription under your own name if you wished anything more than the BBC FTV package, that will be for a minimum period of a year. It seems a shame though to throw away the discount on a brand new digibox that comes with a new subscription. I would get yourself a BBC FTV card for the one you have and sell it for whatever you can get (probably more than you will pay for Sky's discounted one). Then you can get a nice new one from Sky with it's own little dish, so you can watch two things at once. :)

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hi big R : Got a mini with it (just thought didn`t need it)so how much is a new setup with discount , ive been told minimum package £16.99 a month so how much more for new kit.(already stated)have a twin lnb. DAVE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Oops sorry Dave, didn't see tha bit about the twin C120, I'm not sure what the current installation fee is, but I would guess that if you check on their web site they will have some info.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Since you have the twin LNB, you could run both into the Strong (for analogue and digital operation).

Since the 437(4)? should have a loopthrough on the digital side you could run this into the Skybox via a small piece of cable. Then connect the TV out of the Skybox to the VCR port of the Strong. That way you know the dish is pointing at 28 East before you switch on and the box will always come up with a channel.