Twin Tuner reciver on 1 LNB @ 19.2 Degrees

jonnybobs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH ONE:-Sky HD on a Zone 1 dish with Quad LNB using x2 Connections @ 28.2 Deg. DISH TWO:- is single Zone one with a single LNB @ 19.2 Deg coupled to a Comag Porty II reciever for FTA german TV.
My Location
Houghton Regis, Dunstable
Hi All,

Long time reader 1st time writer....

Question, Is there a little device that will allow me to take my single input and split it in two? My reason is as follows:-

I want to buy one of those Humax HD PVR's and have it on my 19.25 Stream, I only have a single LNB and no ability to get up there and change the LNB. So, hence asking if there is somthing available to buy to split the signal in two?

Any advice here would be great.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Two points:

1. You can actually run the Humax PVR with a single Feed loop-through (ie Feed to LNB In, then LNB Out to the other LNB In) - but the functionality is greatly reduced as the slave tuner can only get Channels of the same Band and Polarity as the master (ie approx a quarter of the total).

So you do need two Feeds, really - a single Feed cannot be split as the same cable is used to send Band and Polarity switching signals to the LNB. With two tuners connected, conflicts will occur.

2. If this is the Foxsat we're talking about, although you can actually receive on 19.2E, you won't get a full EPG as it acts, in "non-Freesat Mode" in the same way as a generic Receiver. You certainly won't be able to use the PVR in the same easy way you can in Freesat Mode on 28E

jonnybobs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH ONE:-Sky HD on a Zone 1 dish with Quad LNB using x2 Connections @ 28.2 Deg. DISH TWO:- is single Zone one with a single LNB @ 19.2 Deg coupled to a Comag Porty II reciever for FTA german TV.
My Location
Ok, thanks, The humax was just an option, May not choose that one, So do you know of a splitter? If so, what do they cost?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
jonnybobs said:
Ok, thanks, The humax was just an option, May not choose that one, So do you know of a splitter? If so, what do they cost?

You can't use a splitter - You replied before I finished my previous Post! :)

TBH, if you have the wedge to buy a PVR, then perhaps the additional cost of getting someone to change the LNB and run another Feed might not be too much of a problem?

jonnybobs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thaqnks Gordon, much to think ab out here.... I do have a spare quad at home... I think I can add the cable but its the ladder situation and the neighbour downstairs. (I live in a flat).

Ok, a 2nd school of thought, what about those boxes I've read about which store to a USB device? They seem to only have one feed....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
jonnybobs said:
Thaqnks Gordon, much to think ab out here.... I do have a spare quad at home... I think I can add the cable but its the ladder situation and the neighbour downstairs. (I live in a flat).

Ok, a 2nd school of thought, what about those boxes I've read about which store to a USB device? They seem to only have one feed....

Ah, a Flat .......... not so easy. But really the Quad and extra cable probably wouldn't be noticed unless you made a song and dance about it yourself: Just tell them you have a fault and are repairing it.

As for Boxes which store to USB, you have the advantage over me there and you'll need input (inadvertent pun, sorry!) from others here.

jonnybobs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks Gordon...........

Ill have to somehow/where upload a pic of my external setup.