Twinhan 1022A or skystar 1 for Motorised System?

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the SAT PC card scene.
I want to buy a Motorised System and a pc card. what would be the best setup so that I can move the dish and watch encrypted channels.
which is best or value for money so that I can move to dreambox when I have some Cash.

TechniSat SkyStar 1CI TV PVR
OR
Twinhan Vision DTV Sat 1022A

Thanks.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
SkyStar2. All decryption can be done in software. Great support. Less than £50.

You can't whack it.

davie

Reaction score
Have to agree, I've got a skystar 2 card linked to a moteck motor and no problems at all, I'm only using an old 80cm analogue dish with a good lnb and recieving 22 sats at the moment.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If you want to read a valid card, you can always add a card reader to your serial port too.

farr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Professional, Skystar 2, TM5200D+ Super, 1m motorised dish [62E-58W]
My Location
York, North Yorkshire
BGonaSTICK said:
If you want to read a valid card, you can always add a card reader to your serial port too.

On this point, how do you go about doing this? Where can you get the card reader from? I've searched in vain for information on this and gotten as far as P**rman's CAM and a schematic of how to build a card reader but no indication what systems such a card/card reader/software combination can be used for....

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 1 + Motorised dish.
My Location
malta
Is it possible that from the card(pc card), one updates the cam files? Using software found on the net, or using the dvb cards software? (I haven`t got the card, I mentioned in the previous thread, opened by myself) That`s why I am asking.

farr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Professional, Skystar 2, TM5200D+ Super, 1m motorised dish [62E-58W]
My Location
York, North Yorkshire
d_lamer2003 said:
Is it possible that from the card(pc card), one updates the cam files? Using software found on the net, or using the dvb cards software? (I haven`t got the card, I mentioned in the previous thread, opened by myself) That`s why I am asking.

You download CAM updates from the Net. The files are tiny - around 20-50KB - so are quickly downloaded even on a slow Net connection.