Twinhan vs Floppy DTV??

newera

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I currently have a Skystar DVB-S but am trying to find a new card. I also have a Hauppage DVB-T
My Location
Malta
HI all

I am plannig to buy a new DVB-S card because I am fed up with my Skystar 2 and the problem it gives me with my motor and since I have an NFORCE chipset and it seems that skystar have problems with this chipset.

I am planning to either buy the Twinhan AD-SD4000 or else the Floppy DTV2.

Before I buy one of these items I want to ask some questions and if someone can help me I would be really grateful.

Which card supports fully diseqc and can move the dish without problems?
Which card has the best performance?

I would be really grateful if someone can help since I do not want to buy a new card and then find out that I will have problem when moving the motor.

Regards

DarkDeveloper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Hotbird + 90cm Nilesat dishes. Comag SL100HD CI/MVision MV-9085 USB Net receivers, Windows 7 WMC PC with Pinnacle PCTV 3010x + FloppyDTV
My Location
Middle East
I can't comment on the Twinhan card (im looking to try a Twinhan VP-1034) but I have the FloppyDTV card.

Have'nt really tested it yet, but here are my reasons for buying/observations....

Can fit in a PCI or PCI-Express slot (although uses FireWire), handy in my (HCPC) case with limited card slots

Has a built in CAM slot, again handy if you have limited PC card slots. I think the Twinhan model you mention uses a seperate daughterboard for a CAM

Performance seemed good, used it with an NForce4 AMD-3200 PC and no problems. Worked well with my Viaccess CAM and Pay TV card (SD channels, did'nt test with HD).

Software provided with card is well written and does'nt seem to slow Windows boot/start up

My setup uses a DISEQ switch which allows the card to switch between two dishes pointed at Hotbird and Nilesat. No motors involved, and was able to pick both satellites.

Hope that helps