Two CAMs? Dragon and...?

SMRGroup

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ ×2, Humax PVR-9100, Force Frontier T90, Humax 0.3dB LNBs ×8, DiSEqC 4:1 switch ×2, Infinity Phoenix USB/serial smartcard programmer, Dragon CAM, ye olde Nokia SAT-1800 IRD (analogue)
My Location
Cheshire
Folks - I've already got a Dragon CAM and was wondering whether it would serve any purpose to add another similar CAM to the same receiver? Matrix, Reality or one of those, in case it could open the channels the Dragon cannot, a double-whammy of sorts.

The Canal+ family would be good, and Taquilla, but I realise they might be out of the reach of most unofficial CAMs due to the changes in encryption.

So the basic question is; would it be worthwhile adding another CAM, and in that case, which one would be best to fill in the Dragon's blanks?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi SMRGroup,
the Dragon opens everything that is available at present, and the only extras available are with a Joker/Penta card for UPC or an official subscription, most of which works with the Dragon. The main packages that are open are on Hotbird 13E and 30W.
Best wishes
Mickha

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
Mickha said:
Hi SMRGroup,
the Dragon opens everything that is available at present, and the only extras available are with a Joker/Penta card for UPC or an official subscription, most of which works with the Dragon. The main packages that are open are on Hotbird 13E and 30W.
Best wishes
Mickha

Sorry to reveal my ignorance but what is UPC?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
UPC is a package,
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/upcdirect.html
I don't personally have one of the mentioned cards so I can't tell you how good a package it is.
Best wishes
Mickha

SMRGroup

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ ×2, Humax PVR-9100, Force Frontier T90, Humax 0.3dB LNBs ×8, DiSEqC 4:1 switch ×2, Infinity Phoenix USB/serial smartcard programmer, Dragon CAM, ye olde Nokia SAT-1800 IRD (analogue)
My Location
Cheshire
Mickha said:
the Dragon opens everything that is available at present, and the only extras available are with a Joker/Penta card for UPC or an official subscription, most of which works with the Dragon.
Many thanks for the info, obviously a second CAM akin to the Dragon wouldn't be of much use other than for UPC on 19.2°E, and I'm not sure if there's anything in that line-up of huge interest, plus I don't know anything about the Pentacard, other than it being fairly expensive! I'm guessing it's just a blank card that is programmed using an unofficial download from somewhere?