Two Dishes

L

Lesdude

i currently have a single dish with LNB, pointed at astra connected to my analogue pace receiver, via the one input. i have recently aquired a second dish and plan to put it up near to the existing one and point it towards a different satellite (hotbird probably).

because there is only one input on the back of the receiver, is there a device available that the two dishes LNB's can be connected to which then connects to the receiver, single, input or can the two LNB's be linked or am i destined to be swapping them over manually

thanx

lesdude

ps. which satellites, if any, are best for the diminishing analogue systems.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Les

Your best bet is probably to get a Switching Box which you can operate manually. Probably cost about £15.00.

As far as I know analogue sets won't operate a DiSEqC [Electronic Switch].

You plug the two LNB cables into it, and take the output to the receiver, the you press the appropriate button to switch between A and B.

As far as Analogue signals are concerened see this site which specializes in the subject:

http://www.geocities.com/analoguesat/intro.html

Have just checked, and it is still active.

Good luck

Fred F.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Also worth considering Lesdude, you can pick up one of the slightly better spec pace receivers for £10 or so from http://www.Loot.co.uk These receivers have two LNB inputs, so would be ideal.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
So its your ad in Loot this week then Rolf ?

I would not consider buying any more mains operated satellite equipment (especially Pace/analogue) as its destined for the bin very shortly.

Additionally the need to run a second cable right down to the living room negates the cost saving of buying something second hand now

I would go for the DiSEqC operator system (theres a lovely piece of kit from Johansson in Telesatellite Magazine this month. An emulator that can be used as a test tool and for motorising later on).

Or you could take the plunge and buy a digital receiver !

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hey Grasshopper do you sit at home (fondleing your LN:cool:over PIC`s
of the latest SAT Tech, (Ohh LOOK AT THE TWIN INPUTS ON THAT)
SAD sad sad.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have a wife and four cats to fondle. None of these get me TV though

I go out and stroke the dish parts only when the wifes not looking

L

Lesdude

rolf, been to loot alot, there are receivers as you say however should i look at changing to digital for a few quid extra with my existing analog system dishes i.e. will they receive the signals the same ??

Les

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Just make sure what you already have is of the Universal type and there should be no problems. If they are not then the dish should really have 40mm clamps to fit the more common type

As with all outdoor equipment , waterproofing of all connections with amalgamating tape is recommended