Two LNBs

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Hi All,

I have a 1m dish facing Sirius and yesterday I decided to attach a second LNB for Hotbird (this is something that everyone I know here is doing right now). There seems to be a problem as the 2nd LNB seems to be totally inactive. I examined the cables, the connections, the diseqc and all seem to be working ok. The only error that perhaps I am doing is (I think) the distance between the 2 LNBs. I bought a bracket (for Astra + Hotbird) and slightly modified it, but I am certain that the current distance of approx. 6in is a bit too large and consequently that messes up the whole effect of the dish. I made the extension very easy to adjust and to wiggle up,down,left and right but the damn thing can not find anything!

Can anyone help me with some ideas - which satellite must the dish be pointed at firstly and then add the second LNB? Does it have to be somewhere in the middle of them both? Is my distance too long and that is what screws things up?

Cheers,
krassi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, 6 inches sounds too far apart Krassi.

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
To Karassi 22

If you receiving these two satellites SIRIUS and Hot Bird in cyprus East of the Mediterranean sea with 1 m dish I think this is not possible because of the following reasons :-

1 - From Sirius Covrage chart its transmmission centered at west Europe
in order to receive it you need at least a 120 cm - 140 cm

2 - Hot Bird at 13 Deg East while Sirius at 5 deg East the difference between them 8 degrees And the Astra at 19,2 Deg therfore the difrence between Astra and Hot Bird only 6.2 Degrees .

3 - Hot Bird and Astra satellites are more powerful than the Sirius
satellite .

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
I already fixed the problem - my lnb's were a bit too far apart and the hotbird was supposed to be my main satellite while sirius is #2.

For your info, the sirius signal is very strong here, bur with 1m dish we can only get the russian/ukranian channels and not the scandinavian/tv romania packages.