Two Lnbs

warrior121

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
south wales
HI i have a seperate zone two sky dish pointing at astra 19.0east and i was wondering if i can add another lnb for 13east.And if it is possible what do i need to buy.

THANKS

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
since a zone2 dish is still only 60cm, it would be marginal. Normally 80cm is recommended for Astra1+Hotbird sat reception. You'd also have a problem getting a dual LNB bracket to fit the Sky dish since it's a non-standard fitting designed for use specifically with the single Sky-supplied LNB. No doubt you could rig something up to test it though.

2old

Arno

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, there are. Mainly foreign channels though. Details you can look up on the Eutelsat homepage.

Regards, Arno

baztheman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Washington Tyne & Wear
i have seen a few lnb's around with a duel feed horn on them (6 degrees apart) and one of them would just be nice for the job...

you can get one for about £33.60 +vat from LRN in newcastle upon tyne

you can email them HERE!!!

hope this helps m8 happy viewing

ps they have a pricelist im sure they can post you one and they take plastic too...... baz

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
These monobloc LNBs are not ideally suited to the zone 2 minidish Baz, they are designed for standard dishes, the mounting will be incorrect, it may be difficult to achieve the correct focal length and they will not illuminate the whole of the dish face.

Not saying that it won't work at all, but not as well as with a standard dish.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You dont happen to work for LRN do you Baz ?

baztheman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Washington Tyne & Wear
Naa m8 but i know a man who does LOL well i just got a 1meter dish n lnb from them,and am going for a h - h motor in the next few days....

ps thise little zone 2 dishes r ok but if u want to go for the big fish £30 for a 1 meter does the job..... baz