Two Receiver Motorised Setup

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You could stick one on a groundstand, then they can't touch you.

This is all nuts though, 'cos you should be able to do all this through diseqc switching. Not saying you can, just that you should be able to. You should be able to command individual switches uniquely and remotely to produce whatever switching arrangement you want.

My setup's actually a bit more complicated than even this. Discounting my Sly setup, I have a twin LNB on my diseqc driven dish, with my DB connected directly to one LNB output, and my SS2 connected to the other via the motor.

I then have an additional dish, which I'm about to run from the Dreambox, and include a diseqc switch to alternate between the the two dishes. I haven't checked that I can then setup the Dreambox to cope with this setup yet though.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
BGonaSTICK said:
You should be able to command individual switches uniquely and remotely to produce whatever switching arrangement you want.
I never thought of Disecq switches, or how they are operated, i'll have look in to this tomorrow when I sober up! :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I don't think it's possible with the current standards, I was just having a moan.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
BGonaSTICK said:
I don't think it's possible with the current standards, I was just having a moan.
Well I would have thought it possible if you had a copy of every satellite switched with LNB A(to drive the motor) then move back to LNB B to get LNB without the motor(or V/H selection problem). Though it down seem more agro than it's worth