Two recievers, one signal.

Adam112

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad lnb
My Location
England
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me?

I was given a Sky+ box many months ago and have been wondering how to install it ever since. We already have two sky boxes installed in seperate rooms and want to add a third in another.

I know that the simplest way would be to take the last remaining feed from the quad lnb, but am finding it hard to find somebody to run the cable for me(as I dont want to get Sky involved).

I was wondering wether I could install it without the need to run another cable from the lnb.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, you actually need another two cables to run a Sky+ box if you will be using it with a subscription card and want to use the Sky+ recording facility.

Why not run the cables yourself, it is very easy.

Adam112

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad lnb
My Location
England
Cheers for your prompt response,

The only problem with installing the cables myself is the fact that it is on the roof of the house and tyhe lack of tall ladders(as well as the fear of such a height) is a bit of a problem.

Is there no way it can be done with a two input multiswitch?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, the two input multiswitches are for analogue reception and will not work for digital, as they do not work on the high band.

Adam112

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad lnb
My Location
England
ok, Cheers.

It looks like im going to have to do some arm twisting to get the cables installed.