Two Ronnies Reunite

N

net1

The Two Ronnies are returning to television after a 17-year absence, the BBC has confirmed.

Ronnie Barker, now 74, and Ronnie Corbett, 73, have approached the BBC about resuming their double act.

A BBC spokesman said: "A new series has been commissioned.

"It was just off the back of the Bafta tribute they did that went out last week. They decided they wanted to work together again.

"The show will feature a number of new sketches interspersed with some of their classic material."

The Two Ronnies first teamed up on the BBC in 1966 and their first series was broadcast in 1971, the beginning of a 15-year run.

Their songs and sketches - most famously their spoof news items - won legions of fans.

Last week's Bafta show, which honoured Barker's glittering career and which was hosted by Corbett, attracted more than 7.5m viewers.

The new series is not expected to be screened until some time next year.

G

GotMyBusPass

Horrah! Some real comedy again with the odd bit of "nudge nudge, wink wink" naughties. Instead of the present brash, loud, foul mouthed rubbish that seems to be on most UK terrestrial channels.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hope one day British TV will dig up Benny Hill from the 70/80s

russquk

Reaction score
on talk sport radio station at the moment they are on about political correctness,one chap said that tv stations have tried to show benny hill shows but backed down due to women pressure groups!!!!

G

GotMyBusPass

@ Channel Hopper

I saw a BH show a couple of weeks ago dubbed on one of the Turkish channels. I didn't have to know what was being spoken, it was a scream from start to finish.
Then there was Dick Emery, M & W etc etc etc

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that "The 2Rs" are as funny as they used to be. It's very sad to see people attempting comebacks and falling on their faces because the audience has moved on in terms of what it now appreciates. Personally (yes, I'm an old fogey and proud of it) I loathe the majority of today's so-called comedic efforts which rely upon undisguised sexual innuendo and swearing. When did you hear Basil Fawlty or, even, Victor Meldrew use four letter words? The answer is you didn't, because the writing was good enough to stand up by itself.