Two sattellites, one reciever : the receiver configuratoin

danialt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SR-X150D plus
Hi Everybody,

I searched the forum, but it seems that this is a very dummy question here :-ohmy, my problem is like this:

1. all the hardware stuff are configured by someone else and are in place.
2. I can get both of the satellites, Telstar 12 and hotbird, one by one without any problem
3. the problem is that I can only get 1 at a time, when I change the switch and the satellite in my dish configuration (SR-X150D Plus), then I am not able to get the other one. I think I have a Descqc swith, one at D and the other one at A.

My question is: How can I arrange the reciever so that I dont need to each time I want to watch Hotbird change all this settnings (satellite and switch) . all the channels are configured and saved already for both satellites.

Thank you before
Regards,
Danial

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be able to do it in the satellite configuration menu, take a look at the switch and see whether it's a 2 or 4 way, if it is a two way, then you need to set as A or B, then the receiver should automatically switch between the two when you select different channels.

danialt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SR-X150D plus
the problem is the switch itself actually, when I change it from A to D:

A: hotbird channels work
D: Telstar 12 Channels work

it is not dong it automatically, am I doing something wrong?

Thanx for your prompt reply!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I'm confused, what type of switch is it? Most DiseqC switches do not have a manual facility.

danialt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SR-X150D plus
let me describe.

There is a switch on the roof near the dishes. two of the dishes (eurosat and starsat brand) are connected to it and as 1 cable coming down to my reciever.

It was preinstalled and everything was working fine, like I was getting all the channels of Telstar 12 and Hotbird all together, no need for changing anything, you could just easily surf.

I changed something (unfortunately) and I reverted everything to factory settings. Now the situation is that I don't know how to configure the reciever in a way not to require each time to change something to view th two satellites.

I searched for the channels like this:

1. goto Antenna settings
2. change the sattelite to e.g. Telstar 12
3. Change the switch to DiseqC - D
4. Enter manual TC
5. Enter the frequences and SR's
6. search for the channels

Now all the Telstar 12 channels are there

Hotbird:
1. goto Antenna settings
2. change the sattelite to e.g. Hotbird
3. Change the switch to DiseqC - A
4. Automatic sattelite channel search
5. select hotbird
6. Run the search

Now all the channels of hotbird are added too, appended to the end of Telstar 12 channels.

Now the problem, if I leave the switch to A (without touching the search options after hotbird), now the Telstar 12 channels can not get any signal and being shown. but hotbird ones show.

now if I go to antenna settings and change the switch again to D, now telstar shows and hotbirds goes away.

is there a way, in which I can watch these two satellites together? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanx!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There must be a setting to tell the receiver that you are using DiseqC, that is as well as the port number in the individual satellite setup menu, or perhaps even a save settings button.