ucas 1.4.1.7 in Digiquest reciever

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Cyfra - not at the moment
D+ - Not on Hotbird

A few packages can be received but you need to make sure your receiver works with a card , or upgrade to the firmware first

As I asked earlier, what does the receiver UCAS state onscreen when you have it receiving a free to air channel ?

Frogman33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest 6700 embedded ucas rcvr /hotbird and Astra
My Location
Spain/southern
Hey again Hopper..I tried the reciever just with the embedded ucas cam and it says 1.4.1.7.1 for the ucas,on a FTA channel. I tried inserting the card and it says the same thing. Is this normal or what is this telling me now. Do you think I'll do damage to the reciever by updating with the manhattan starlight mx software? I think there the same. Like you were saying I need to start with the most up to date ware for my reciever and go from there.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Frogman33 said:
Like you were saying I need to start with the most up to date ware for my reciever and go from there.

I never said that. I would have said the original firmware from the manufacturer, if you can find out what it is(was)

Frogman33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain/southern
Yea hopper you are right. You never said that about the firmware for my reciever ,but I tried anyway. Everything stayed the same on the reciever. I dont think I updated it right. but I did hook up to my hipasat on the roof and it still works (from a previous letter).
I didn't buy my MR from the den, so I guess there are some keys I need to put in it. I am very unsure about this. What should I load onto my cam via a fun card 7? If anything....I read about MR1.18 is this needed for hipasat?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The Matrix Cams are usually upgraded with the PCMCIA interface from a laptop. If they have been updated with non official firmware (I think anything above 2.25, then you would need a CAS 2 interface or better. Cards are AFAIK not used to update the MR MRV or MRB CAMs.

Frogman33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain/southern
I'm using cas 3 to update the cam. When I first bought the cam the reciever would recognize it but now it's like its not there. It used to say ucas 3.0 when put it in the reciever. Now theres nothing. What exactly is the xilinx? If i flash with the wrong xilinx would this cause this problem?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You said you were trying with a card, why did you say this when you have a CAS3 ?

If you dont know what you are attempting, then dont try it.
Have you looked at the FAQs on the CAS directories ?

Until such a time as you can give a list of what you want, what you have tried and what you have then I doubt anyone can help you.

Frogman33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain/southern
As you can tell hopper I'm a bit clueless on this stuff, but willing to learn. When I said I was using a card . I had loaded a fun card with 6 in 1 files to see if a could crypt some channels but no luck. So what would you load on the MR. cause I think I've screwed mine up. when using the cas-3 what can it do for my MR? What should I do with it?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Tell your wife you need a new machine.

Frogman33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain/southern
When you say machine you mean reciever or what? What have I done? Can't I reload the MR, hence the name.