UFS910, built in the sata hd. And now what ?

idog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein UFS910
My Location
Netherlands
Just got started in this field. Have a Kathrein UFS910 and bought the internal harddrive kit from ebay.

I've soldered in the sata and the power connectors and connected a Samsung 250gb sata harddrive. I hear it power up and all, so I guess it's working :)

I flashed AAF1.5 to it and now I'm desperately looking on how I can access the harddrive ? Do I need to mount it in some way or initialize it first ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

edit :

Just realized I should have been able to see the harddrive in the Service Menu already. Fact that I don't worries me :)

What I've checked and tried :

1. Left the power cable from the Kathrein for the sata harddrive in, connected satacable from my pc to the harddrive. Switched on the kathrein and the pc and the pc recognized the disk without problems. So.. I can rule out any power issues.

2. Changed the satacable for another one. Didn't help.

3. Checked the soldering underneath the sata connector. From the bottom it looks like 0_-:-sleep-_0.
The two 0's lead nowhere, so I'm thinking this is just for stability/ground ?
The three _'s have corresponding via's (beep with multimeter), fact that the beep when testing the via's leads me to believe they are also soldered properly.
Also, I've noticed these are connected to each other ? Correct ? Also ground ?
As for the 4 -'s, I've checked continuiety to the resistors next to the sata connector. They connect (beep) so all in all, I don't think it's my soldering that is at fault.

Hope to hear from some guru soon :)

jud1255

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400,ipbox 9000, magic cam
1-8mtr dish 45east to 45 west
My Location
s,yorkshire
hello, i know its along time but i hope you solved the problem.

I thought there was no soldering involved, as i thought there was a connector block in the 910.

Im looking to buy one are you happy with yours ?.
thanks jud

idog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein UFS910
My Location
Netherlands
Yup, everything ok. Turns out you need a USB memorystick in the USB port (front or back) for the HDD to be recognized.

Soldering is necessary. Kits are available on ebay with the required components.

jud1255

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400,ipbox 9000, magic cam
1-8mtr dish 45east to 45 west
My Location
s,yorkshire
idog said:
Yup, everything ok. Turns out you need a USB memorystick in the USB port (front or back) for the HDD to be recognized.

Soldering is necessary. Kits are available on ebay with the required components.

ok , good to know thanks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Idog
Wanted to ask you, are you happy with your box?
Do you use a motor?

idog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein UFS910
My Location
Netherlands
T_G said:
Hi Idog
Wanted to ask yopu, are you happy with your box?
Do you use a motor?

Sure, for its price it's a good replacement for the dreambox.
I use a Multytenne with 4 LNB's. No disect.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Multytenne, is switched by an integral DiseqC switch, so you do use DiseqC, but not a DiseqC motor.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yeah, they only got diseqc for 4 LNB's, not the motor. Apparently there is some sort of plugin for a motor, but I can't get reasonable information...I was hoping some member here will have tried it out