UK Freesat reception in Berlin, Germany

BerlinBrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have the standard 60cm dish and a PACE HDTV receiver set up to pick up German channels on the Astra 1 group of satellites
My Location
Berlin, Germany
As a complete lay person, and as someone with very little technical experience I have a question regarding the reception of Freesat UK programmes (BBC 1, 2 etc plus regions, ITV plus regions) here in the Eastern part of Germany. I have a 60cm dish and a PACE Premiere HDTV Digital receiver which I use to pick up free German channels on the Astra 1 group of satellites at 19.2 East. How can I pick up from here Freesat UK programmes on the Astra 2 group of satellites (28.5 East)? It seems to me that all UK BBC programmes are being transmitted on Astra 2D and, unfortunately, the "footprint" is such that I cannot receive those programmes here in Berlin (I would need a dish of at least 1.5m diameter with no guarantee of a good reception). Can anyone give advice?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think you already know what there is to know, you will pick up some of them with a 1.5m dish, a 1.8m dish should get you most of them.

The only other option is get a friend in the UK with a good broadband connection to host a Slingbox for you.

BerlinBrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have the standard 60cm dish and a PACE HDTV receiver set up to pick up German channels on the Astra 1 group of satellites
My Location
Berlin, Germany
Thanks rolfw. Just hoped that there was a possibility of picking up the desired programmes from Astra 2A, B or C whose footprints cover the whole of Germany, as I would not be able (or allowed...) to put up such a large dish!

Philippe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishs one for 16e and one for astra/hotbird. 2 receivers, aston 2000 and total tv receiver.
My Location
Belgrad, Serbia
I'm quite confuse about the "freesat channels"...

Can you watch it with every receiver?
Do you need a freesat receiver and a freesat card?
Do you need a sky fressat card and a sky receiver?

For exemple I know channel 5 will be on fressat soon, can it be seen like that or it's more complicated?

ps: I've got an aston 2000 will all the FTA channels available on 28.2E (BBC, ITV, C4...).

Thank you

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Philippe said:
I'm quite confuse about the "freesat channels"...
Can you watch it with every receiver?
yes if your dish is big enough apart from C5 and it has been reported C4 & E4 both FTA tagged as 8350 & 8389.
Philippe said:
Do you need a freesat receiver and a freesat card?
No
Philippe said:
Do you need a sky fressat card and a sky receiver?
No
Philippe said:
For exemple I know channel 5 will be on fressat soon, can it be seen like that or it's more complicated?
Yes if your dish is big enough

ps: I've got an aston 2000 will all the FTA channels available on 28.2E (BBC, ITV, C4...).

Thank you

Already are see here but only if your dish is big enough for such a tight footprint