• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

UK & Ireland Lidl satellite stuff status...

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Anyone got any clues as to when Lidl will have the equipment in again? Surely it's nearly time again for the Porty kits to re-appear (or something similar if they've finished being made)...

Either that or some dishes & LNB's to buy, I need to get myself a new dish to add to the collection (the future missus will hate me for all the stuff I'm collecting, she thinks I'm nuts to have what I've already got... :D )... :rolleyes:

My Satellite Setup
SKYSTAR 2
My Location
SCOTLAND
dont know about that, but aldi have a digital compass on sale if thats any good for dish installs

R

Rd100

dunno i was thinking the same the other day one thing i do know if its on the german & french lidl sites etc you may get it in the uk a few weeks later

2cvbloke said:
Anyone got any clues as to when Lidl will have the equipment in again? Surely it's nearly time again for the Porty kits to re-appear (or something similar if they've finished being made)...

Either that or some dishes & LNB's to buy, I need to get myself a new dish to add to the collection (the future missus will hate me for all the stuff I'm collecting, she thinks I'm nuts to have what I've already got... :D )... :rolleyes:

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Usually they appear in Europe or Ireland before the UK.

You can check the lidl site in Europe using their web prefix.

You may be asked for a local postcode but a Google search will help with that!

I think they start later in the year - maybe wrong!

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
On April 6th this month there was a satellite kit consisting of a FTA box, Dual LNB, cables, 80cm dish and bracket for €99. Have you had this in Britan yet??

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
AlexBellisBrown said:
Have you had this in Britan yet??
Not yet...

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
AlexBellisBrown said:
On April 6th this month there was a satellite kit consisting of a FTA box, Dual LNB, cables, 80cm dish and bracket for €99. Have you had this in Britan yet??
As GB said, not yet, but should be here soon within a month or two.... :D

Can't wait!!! :D :D :D

My Satellite Setup
satellite dish 80 cm/universal 0.3 neosat LNB/motor interstar GI 100 diseqC 1.2/ (42E TO 30W) spiderbox 9000HD
My Location
united kingdom
I called them in the UK and they confirmed me it will be on the 22 of May.O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha.

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
lynnx78 said:
I called them in the UK and they confirmed me it will be on the 22 of May.O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha.
YAYAYAYAYAAAAYY!!!!! I've set reminders on my mobile to remind me about it!!!!! ooooh I really can't wait to see what they'll be selling..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
2cvbloke said:
I really can't wait to see what they'll be selling.....
Checkout their web site which has the next weeks offers and the option of an email newsletter...

_http://www.lidl.co.uk

The satellite kit sells out quickly...

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Anyone got any ideas on what they'll be selling? I bet the porty kit'll be there again... :D

My Satellite Setup
35cm portable dish and Comag Porty II FTA Reciever (Lidl kit), Nokia 9850T DTT box.
Athlon 2600+, 512Mb RAM PC with Nebula DTT Card
My Location
South Wales, UK
I got this kit last year and at the moment I'm pairing it up with a Skystar 2 PCI card at the moment and the Porty is not in use at the moment but has been in the past successfully. I don't believe that it can be patched (or it couldn't when I last had it out)

The number of newbies who will be posting shortly after getting this will probably be fairly high so a dedicated forum would be an idea.

This kit is quite hard to get so you have to be there early (they queued when I got mine, people were climbing over each other to get to grab one from the pile). If you miss out I ran across this recently at Maplin, I don't know how it stacks up against the Lidl kit but if you need a portable one (as I did) its an option:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737&TabID=1&source=1&doy=9m5

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
FraserGJ said:
I got this kit last year and at the moment I'm pairing it up with a Skystar 2 PCI card at the moment and the Porty is not in use at the moment but has been in the past successfully. I don't believe that it can be patched (or it couldn't when I last had it out)

The number of newbies who will be posting shortly after getting this will probably be fairly high so a dedicated forum would be an idea.

This kit is quite hard to get so you have to be there early (they queued when I got mine, people were climbing over each other to get to grab one from the pile). If you miss out I ran across this recently at Maplin, I don't know how it stacks up against the Lidl kit but if you need a portable one (as I did) its an option:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737&TabID=1&source=1&doy=9m5
As far as I know, it is patchable, it's just no-one has made a patch yet that works on the PortyII...

I had to wait for 1/2 an hour outside Lidl to get in when it opened, some old git barged past me to get to them, I just casually strolled along and then grabbed a Porty kit when I got to them, and then got to the checkout which hadn't even opened yet!!!! :-rofl2

That kit at maplin looks like it's a porty kit too but with a different receiver...

johnsattuk

My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
It's the 'Old Gits' you have to watch out for , they get everywhere nowadays :-bash

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
johnsattuk said:
It's the 'Old Gits' you have to watch out for , they get everywhere nowadays :-bash
Next one that tries the same moves I'll accidentally trip them up on puropse.... :D

Still can't wait to see what'll be on sale..... :D

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rd100 said:
The lidl site should be updated by tomorrow so keep a eye on it
oooh!!! Can't wait!!!! :D :D :D :D

2cvbloke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ah, just a camping kit with a new receiver, oh well, I suppose I could do with one of those "PowerCube" thingies though.... :D

My Satellite Setup
satellite dish 80 cm/universal 0.3 neosat LNB/motor interstar GI 100 diseqC 1.2/ (42E TO 30W) spiderbox 9000HD
My Location
united kingdom
BAD NEWS GUYS'O'

Lidl will only be selling a receiver for £69.99 no dish on sale.:-bash