UK Skylark rocket launch delayed

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Not strictly satellite, may be interesting...

The final launch of a hugely successful 50-year-old British space programme has been delayed due to high winds.
The last Skylark rocket was due to blast off on Sunday morning but experts have been forced to delay the flight until Monday at 0530 BST.

The vehicle will be the 441st Skylark to launch when it sets off on its historic journey from Sweden.

The Skylark, which first flew in 1957, has been used to take a huge range of scientific experiments into space.

more...

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4502823.stm

Source: BBC

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Interesting but sad. Just another nail in the coffin of neglected British technological innovation.

There is something very wrong with this country, but most annoyingly nothing that couldn't be put right with some sustained determination and a few rolling heads.

Too many ****ing apathetic pen-pushers and not enough ambition and belief.

Rant over :-ohmy

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
BGonaSTICK said:
Too many ****ing apathetic pen-pushers and not enough ambition and belief.

Rant over :-ohmy

The real problem are the fines introduced to ensure pen pushing remains on the books (sic). Ive worked out that 35-40% of my time as an engineer is spent completing the 'essential' paperwork crap that comes with it, when I could be better employed making a go for the stars.