UK TV in Norway - please help!!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, I believe the Humax Foxsat HDR will do what you want.
( Not got one, so can't confirm)

Spec here:-

_http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_stb_satellite_foxsathdr.asp

Kirsten

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking for new setup abroad
My Location
Norway (from Jan 09)
You're right. It does...it's also £300...sounds good though.

What about using our exisiting two bits and botching it, as described in previous msg. Would that work somehow??

HDS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I dont know
My Location
UK/Norway
Just wondered how this all turned out for u Kirsten. We are about to move to Oslo, Norway at the end of this month, and Im trying to sort out this
TV business : ) I too, am a girl who a month ago had no idea of anything to do w satellites, but have self educated myself and had no idea there were so many different suppliers, dish sizes etc. Most web sites recommends a dish size 150cm to receive Sky in Oslo, but I am struggling to find a supplier. Most of them have sizes up to 120cm, and the next size up is 180cm or bigger. So if anyone can point me in the right direction to a UK supplier, as I guess it will be cheaper to get here than in super expensice Norway.... I've checked Ebay..
Also, does anyone know of people in Oslo that is receiving Sky, and if that really is true that you need a dish size that big? Surely 120cm should be enough?

Anyway Kirsten, hope you settled in well, it would be great if you could let me know how you got on with your move and if you are receiving proper telly : )

From a nervous mother that needs CBeebies, and Nick Jr to get through the day ; )

HD

emotland

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo2.
My Location
Norway
Sorry - but it seems you need a bigger dish in Oslo, probably 1,5-1,8 m. Check out this coverage map:

_http://www.sam-radford.me.uk/astra2d.htm

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
It may be cheaper in the UK, but you've then got to ship the thing. Shipping large dishes can be quite expensive! Especially if you've got to arrange it yourself and don't have an account with the UPSs or DHLs of the world and have to pay list price.

Putting a dish in a container when you are moving may seem a good idea too, but unless it's really well packed it could get damaged in transit.