Ultimate Wet Dream Present

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
My wife and four kids have promised to pool finances to buy me the ultimate combined 60th Birthday/Christmas present in the January sales. I'd love a hand-held pc with satnav (obligatory) and any other bells and whistles that would keep me occupied for the next year or so. Any suggestions on gadget/software/pitfalls etc etc gratefully received.

Yo Ho Ho

:-santa3

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've got the Ipaq 6340 which has pretty much everything on it, a little flakey on some aspects, but generally a nice tool. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
They will be half price in the January sales. Are you too old to wait two weeks ?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They weren't last year, these items tend to hold to a price range until they are superceded.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Stay away from Acer:-sball

Have one Regrets writting all over my face :-googly

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
@CH. Probably. But I was planning an orgy of techie shopping when I visit my daughter in Manchester at the New Year. I thought I'd show Franny the Dragon that there are types of shopping other than for shoes.

Any ideas on satnav software?

@ Dig Deep. Acer's that good, eh?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Tomtom for the ipaq and most other PDAs.

mick32

My Location
Newcastle
ive had acer and i have to agree,,got a hp now and its a vast improvement on the acer...lol..as for sat nav i got a seperate one so will keep out of that one...:-gnome