Reaction score
Website
janusz.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Sky digital - will have info set up later
My Location
West Midlands (Birmingham)
Hi,

I just purchased a new TV for my bedroom (Sony KV28HX15U if that makes a difference)

Parents have a Sky Digital package, they pay £40+ a month so I presume it's the premium package? If you need pics of the setup, I can get this online.

I am probably am the ultimate newbie to this.

1) For me, can I hook up to my parents exisiting subscription and watch different channels at the same time - if so what's the best way

2) If I wanted to get started in the euphoria that is satellites.co.uk, what sort of stuff can I achieve and how do I go about achieving it i.e. free digital channels, if so, how?

As I am new to this, please be easy on me. Move this post if need be but as an ultra newbie for satellites.co.uk, I'd appreciate pointers on what's what, where to start etc

I live in the West Midlands, UK and would like English based channels and Polish if I can at a push. The channels I'd want are ideally the ones I have now downstairs on my parents digital package i.e. Sky Sports, Movies, MTV etc, of course, XXX channels would be a bonus but not necessary!

Many thanks!

JJ

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum!
:-Welcome1

For the Sky channels you need a multiroom subscription - assuming you live in the same house as your folks. You lnb on the dish will need replacing for a quad if its just got the single output on it. P0rn channels are all extra subscriptions, but note all the UK ones are softcore.

As for other channels then you need to decide EXACTLY what you want, although an 80cm dish pointing at 13E with a cheap digital receiver will give you plenty of choice.

jasinski

Reaction score
Website
janusz.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks for that :cool:

Well, I don't really want to go for a multiroom sub.

For me, what I would want and what would be ideal is the sky premium package inc. Sky 1, Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, Movie Channels, Music Channels etc.

Is this possible? If so, what equipment would I need and what guides are there for setting it up?

If I could also get Polish TV, it would be a bonus.

Thanks,

JJ

jasinski

Reaction score
Website
janusz.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
so let's say I'd want a similar package to what parents are getting now i.e. Sky SPorts, Sky Movies, Music Channels, Sky one etc... what would I need to get for this without having to get another sub. from Sky?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is possible to share the card you already have between two receivers, but it would mean buying two dreamboxes and setting up a network connection between the two, there is information in the Dreambox section regarding this.

Otherwise, you have to get a mirror subscription from Sky for £10/m, no other ways to get the channels you want.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There are a few Polish channels fta on 13E, a couple on 19E, but the pay channels currently require a subscription.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
jasinski said:
so let's say I'd want a similar package to what parents are getting now i.e. Sky SPorts, Sky Movies, Music Channels, Sky one etc... what would I need to get for this without having to get another sub. from Sky?

Thanks

Sky Multi room is your best bet.