Unaohm & diSEqc switching?

malsat

Reaction score
Is anyone using Unaohm 314 spectrum analyser?
I am wanting to know how to change diseqc switching when setting up a monoblock lnb,when ligned up on Hotbird so i can peak the Astra signal.
thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately my EP313 doesn't have DiseqC switching, but you might perhaps PM iceman, as he uses a 314, I'm sure he won't mind. :)

malsat

Reaction score
thanks rolf
I see you have a Annie,whats it like?
can you pre store digital channels from any sat and then use them to peak the signal on a later install?
thanks

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
@malsat
Unfortunately i have never used the DISEqC functions on the Unaohm EP314 so i will not be able to offer any advice...
I have the manual for the meter if that is any help to you...could send you the relevant section if you wish..

iceman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
malsat said:
thanks rolf
I see you have a Annie,whats it like?
can you pre store digital channels from any sat and then use them to peak the signal on a later install?
thanks

Yes, I use the Annie mostly for terrestrial though, as I find the Satlook NIT better for satellite work, you can as you say save both channels and traces for comparison. :)

malsat

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
yes can you send me the relevant section please Iceman.
thanks again

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
DISEqC Module on EP314
The DISEqC module adds to the EP314 peripheral drive in conformity with the DISEqC 1.1 standard.The trasmission of repeated commands is not allowed.

How to enable/disable DISEqC 22kHz note
1.Press the key DSQ/22k
2.Use the multifunction keys UP or DOWN to position the cursor in correspondence with the 22kHz reading.
3.Press SSQ/22k to alternatively enable/disable the tone.The presence of the signal is indicated on the OSD dsiplay.
4.Once the function has been performed,the EP314 returns to normal operating mode.

Transmission of a DISEqC command
1.Press the key DSQ/22k.
2.Use the multifunction keys UP or DOWN to position the cursor in correspondence with the DISEqC reading;this is followed by the name of the last cmmand transmitted.
3.Press DSQ/22k to transmit the same command.
4.Once the function has been performed the EP314 returns to normal operating mode.

At the previous point 3,to transmit a command different from the one proposed,proceed as as follows:
1.Press the multifunction key SELECT
2.Select the command to be transmitted by means of the multifunction keys UP and DOWN.
3.Press DSQ/22k or BACK to return to menu,which will have been up-dated to include the new command.
4.Press DSQ/22k to transmit it.

Hope this helps