Undecided between the TBS 5930 and the TBS 6522 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabulas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2
My Location
Catania
I would like to buy a TBS card, initially I wanted to get the new TBS 5930 but being new maybe it still has compatibility problems with various software such as crazyscan, dvb dream etc ... and so I was thinking of getting the multistandard TBS 6522.

Now I wanted to ask you how features on the SAT side does the TBS 5930 have something in + compared to the TBS 6522?

I especially ask those who own the TBS 6522, how do you feel with this card? Do you recommend it or have you encountered problems? as operating system I have windows 10.......Thanks to who will answer me ...

fabulas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2
My Location
Catania
can someone who owns the TBS 6522 can answer me please? I am only waiting for your opinion before buying it ...

I also wanted to know if the blindscan with the TBS 6522 is fast ... I had read a post a few years ago in which a user said it was slow ... I wanted to know if now the situation has changed or the blindscan is always slow .. ... I'm interested with crazycat .... let me know .. Thanks.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
can someone who owns the TBS 6522 can answer me please? I am only waiting for your opinion before buying it ...

I also wanted to know if the blindscan with the TBS 6522 is fast ... I had read a post a few years ago in which a user said it was slow ... I wanted to know if now the situation has changed or the blindscan is always slow .. ... I'm interested with crazycat .... let me know .. Thanks.
It's much the same as my TBS6903, which is fast enough using Crazyscan (version 1.0.2.147). ~60seconds with Blindscan 2.

One or two transponders skipped with the 6922. but that's OK. Probably find them on a second scan.

Blind Scan2 TBS6522.JPG

Blind Scan2 TBS6903.JPG

fabulas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2
My Location
Catania
's much the same as my TBS6903, which is fast enough using Crazyscan (version 1.0.2.147). ~60seconds with Blindscan 2.

One or two transponders skipped with the 6922. but that's OK. Probably find them on a second
Thanks for the detailed answer.
So the blindscan is ok .... otherwise the TBS 6522 works fine? because if you advise me I proceed to buy it ... the TBS 5930 then I exclude it from the choice?
I initially thought of taking the TBS 5930 as mentioned in the first post but then I read that there could be compatibility problems with the various software I don't know if you can confirm.

As for the change of tuner on the TBS 6522 from Sat to DTT and the other way around, every time before opening DVB Dream, start the Change Mode tool to see which tuner is active at that moment or by chance there is a more immediate way, perhaps avoiding to open the change mode tool every time? A thousand thanks.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Thanks for the detailed answer.
So the blindscan is ok .... otherwise the TBS 6522 works fine? because if you advise me I proceed to buy it ... the TBS 5930 then I exclude it from the choice?
I initially thought of taking the TBS 5930 as mentioned in the first post but then I read that there could be compatibility problems with the various software I don't know if you can confirm.

As for the change of tuner on the TBS 6522 from Sat to DTT and the other way around, every time before opening DVB Dream, start the Change Mode tool to see which tuner is active at that moment or by chance there is a more immediate way, perhaps avoiding to open the change mode tool every time? A thousand thanks.
I don' have a TBS 5930, so can't advise on that, sorry.

The Change Mode Tool can be inconvenient to have to use if you need to switch over tuners often,, but with four tuners on one card it's the only method to use that I'm aware of unfortunately.

I have to say that I only use the TBS 6522 DTT tuners in my PC, as I use the TBS 6903 for satellites. I haven't used the 6522 with any DVB players, just Crazyscan and EBSPro.

fabulas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2
My Location
Catania
I don' have a TBS 5930, so can't advise on that, sorry.

The Change Mode Tool can be inconvenient to have to use if you need to switch over tuners often,, but with four tuners on one card it's the only method to use that I'm aware of unfortunately.

I have to say that I only use the TBS 6522 DTT tuners in my PC, as I use the TBS 6903 for satellites. I haven't used the 6522 with any DVB players, just Crazyscan and EBSPro.
Immagine-2021-08-29-012808.png

I don't need 4 tuners, if I buy the TBS 6522 I only connect a SAT and a DTT cable ... so 2 tuners remain unused. Therefore, according to my use, with the change mode tool every time I have to change from SAT to DTT and vice versa, do I have to change both tuner 1 and also tuner 0? if so it is a nuisance because it would be enough to change only the tuner 1 that is the one to be activated ...

on the TBS 6522 there should be 4 selectable tuners ... so if I leave one of the 2 tuners I never use selected on tuner 0, can I change only tuner 1 from SAT to DTT each time and tuner 0 always leaves it unchanged? so that the modification is + immediate by modifying a single field ... can you tell me if it is feasible? Thanks.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Immagine-2021-08-29-012808.png

I don't need 4 tuners, if I buy the TBS 6522 I only connect a SAT and a DTT cable ... so 2 tuners remain unused. Therefore, according to my use, with the change mode tool every time I have to change from SAT to DTT and vice versa, do I have to change both tuner 1 and also tuner 0? if so it is a nuisance because it would be enough to change only the tuner 1 that is the one to be activated ...

on the TBS 6522 there should be 4 selectable tuners ... so if I leave one of the 2 tuners I never use selected on tuner 0, can I change only tuner 1 from SAT to DTT each time and tuner 0 always leaves it unchanged? so that the modification is + immediate by modifying a single field ... can you tell me if it is feasible? Thanks.
Yes, if you use only one tuner of each DVB system, it will remain as you have shown.

fabulas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2
My Location
Catania
Yes, if you use only one tuner of each DVB system, it will remain as you have shown.
I'm sorry I'm not sure I understood correctly, so using only one tuner for each system as in my case, just change tuner 1 without ever touching tuner 0?

Last edited:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm sorry I'm not sure I understood correctly, so using only one tuner for each system as in my case, just change tuner 1 without ever touching tuner 0?
No. In the case of, say, tuner 1 being DVB-S/S2, tuner 0 will always be a DVB-T/T2/C. Reversing tuner orders in the Tool means you have to physically change both satellite and terrestrial cables over to their other inputs.

fabulas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2
My Location
Catania
No. In the case of, say, tuner 1 being DVB-S/S2, tuner 0 will always be a DVB-T/T2/C. Reversing tuner orders in the Tool means you have to physically change both satellite and terrestrial cables over to their other inputs.
I'm sorry but maybe we are not understanding each other ... I don't want to change the tuner of the same system because in that case I would have to go and change the cable ... it's something I don't care to do ... what I asked you is by connecting a SAT cable and a DTT cable to the TBS board, every time I have to change from SAT to DTT or the other way around, I can only modify tuner 1 always leaving tuner 0 unchanged?

ie for example if I leave on tuner0 DVB C .... on tuner 1 can I change from DVB S2 to DVB T2 or the other way around without ever changing the tuner 0?

Last edited:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm sorry but maybe we are not understanding each other ... I don't want to change the tuner of the same system because in that case I would have to go and change the cable ... it's something I don't care to do ... what I asked you is by connecting a SAT cable and a DTT cable to the TBS board, every time I have to change from SAT to DTT or the other way around, I can only modify tuner 1 always leaving tuner 0 unchanged?

ie for example if I leave on tuner0 DVB C .... on tuner 1 can I change from DVB S2 to DVB T2 or the other way around without ever changing the tuner 0?
Why do you want to modify the arrangement you have set in the Tool?

If you have Satellite as Tuner 1 and Terrestrial as Tuner 0, Crazyscan for instance will use Tuner 1 and Crazyscan2 will use Tuner 0. What's your problem with that?

If you're apprehensive about purchasing an expensive four-input pci card, you might consider buying a cheaper single tuner DVB-S/S2 card and a DVB-T/T2/ USB stick such as a Geniatech or August T230. Both dongles work in Crazyscan2.

fabulas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2
My Location
Catania
Why do you want to modify the arrangement you have set in the Tool?

If you have Satellite as Tuner 1 and Terrestrial as Tuner 0, Crazyscan for instance will use Tuner 1 and Crazyscan2 will use Tuner 0. What's your problem with that?

If you're apprehensive about purchasing an expensive four-input pci card, you might consider buying a cheaper single tuner DVB-S/S2 card and a DVB-T/T2/ USB stick such as a Geniatech or August T230. Both dongles work in Crazyscan.
I probably can't explain myself or I can't follow you.

What I would like to understand is if using only 2 inputs i.e. SAT and DTT and leaving the other 2 inputs empty .... when I want to switch from SAT to DTT or vice versa I have to modify both tuner 1 and tuner0 each time or just to change the tuner1? I ask because if I have to select both tuner 1 and tuner 0 every time it is a nuisance .... if instead it is enough to modify only the tuner1 then the thing is + immediate ...

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
when I want to switch from SAT to DTT or vice versa I have to modify both tuner 1 and tuner0
You don't have to change or modify anything. You have your SAT and DTT in on their ports. Why change what's already set in the Tool?

As this conversation is becoming tiresome and going nowhere, I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.