Understanding Passion settings- Please help

thomas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
novice; fortecstar
My Location
barnoldswick Lanc's
I recently purchased a h/d pasion sat rec/box,but being a novice i am struggling to understand the four digit imput No's and how to lock them in to fav list and how do these No's re-late to tv listings? can anyone help? thanks. Tom

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
All named channels have corresponding four-figure numbers. Are you saying that the channel names in your list are numbers instead of names?

Llew

thomas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
novice; fortecstar
My Location
barnoldswick Lanc's
Hi liew, thanks vm for ure reply.when i press white for fav list the ch No's come up thus:- 0975 itv yorks - 0942 bbc west, 0984 bbc4- 0985 bbc3 etc, how do i lock these into the fav list? the orange butn brings up the last 5 ch's watched. The t/v listings in the Sun t/v mag gives different ch No's, i.e. for bbc4=sky116,virgin107 and bbc3 as sky115 and virgin106, so i presume that each media company has its own set of No's built into their own equipment. I am only on free to air sat, and as you can see, i'm a bit new at this system, but very pleased with the picture quality,- if I could only get it organised right. so I would be glad to hear from you again. thanks Tommy.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Forget the channel numbers published in the newspaper. These are the EPG channels for the Sky boxes.

To add a channel to a Favourite list -

Press Menu
Right click to Channel Edit
Input Password as 0000
Select which channels you need to make your favourites
Press Mosaic button on your remote. A * appears beside your selection(s)
Press White button, then OK to add to the Fav list
Press OK and save the result.To view a Favourite, press the White button twice.

I'm assuming you haven't a user manual, as it describes the procedure there.

Llew

thomas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
novice; fortecstar
My Location
barnoldswick Lanc's
To Llew = thanks very very much for those instructions Llew , i will put them into operation tomorrow - and yes, i do have a manuel with the box,and i have read that section about ten times over but i never realised that i had to imput the 0000 number. so its making sense now, so thanks v.m. again, and for being so quick, cheersTom mirfield

Retronana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
United Kingdom
Whilst we are on the subject of "How do you do that"

Is it possible to create a new Fav list, I see you can edit the title and you then remove all the channels in that Fav list and then replace them.

I want to create a new HD Fav list (I know there are only three...but you got to start somewhere !)

Can it be done ?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Use the Setedit program to change one of the seven favourite lists to your choice of name, then you can add channels to that list in Setedit by copying/pasting to the Favourite list box.

Llew

thomas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
novice; fortecstar
My Location
barnoldswick Lanc's
Llew, followed your instructions and "bingo" so i am well pleased. I read your advice also to Retronana, which will also come in handy (ive printed them off) so thanks again very much. all the best Tom Mir...

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Good to hear that Tom. A belated welcome to the forum :)

LLew