Unfairly branded a peado by a thick head

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
I am not sure if you're aware of a web site called Face Party, but I joined it last week for some conversation and if I met a lady, then fine.

When you go to the chat room, you're automatically sent to a room, maybe not of your choice. I was sent to Face Party #3 which consisted of people aged 16 to 25.

This dude was talking about computers, I found him interesting so I was talking to him. He was 20. We were getting on well, talking about DVDs, satellites, pcs, macs, all sort of stuff.

Then, after around 30 minutes, he suddenly wrote in the main chat room I was a peado. I was shocked. I said, what you talking about dude?

Then he referred to my age (I am in my 30s). He was still calling me a perve and peado. I asked why. He said, "because you're 15 years older than me, peado."

I was so ****ing annoyed, if he had said that to my face I would have broken his nose. Sorry, call me fat, call me anything, but don't call me a peado just because I am in my 30s.

Yet this sort of sh!t is common today. A disabled man with a walking stick and flaking paint on his house was murdered because he "looked" like a peado. The man was totally innocent. I hope the killers rot in hell.

I just thought I'd pass that onto you because I was very angry last night.

There is nothing wrong is talking to people younger or older than yourself.

Best wishes. :cool:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is an unfortunate sign of the times, it is probably also the case that the other individual was nowhere near the age of 20 and probably below the lower target age judging by the language used.

In years gone by, you would find retired men in villages or town areas, passing on hobby or skill tips and stories of their youth to unrelated youngsters with the complete approval of their parent/parents, just doesn't happen anymore. They are now wary of even smiling at kids lest they are accused of having ill intentions.

A great shame in my opinion, as I remember when I was eight or nine spending a lot of time with an old chap who worked out of a little shed, making his own bikes from scratch and selling them to the local families. During the summer holidays I would spend many days there, with my mother giving me a sandwich pack so that I could have lunch with him, a very fond memory for me and one which modern day kids are unlikely to have.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
A great shame in my opinion, as I remember when I was eight or nine spending a lot of time with an old chap who worked out of a little shed, making his own bikes from scratch and selling them to the local families. During the summer holidays I would spend many days there, with my mother giving me a sandwich pack so that I could have lunch with him, a very fond memory for me and one which modern day kids are unlikely to have.

A real pity your mum declined making sandwiches for other kids. ;)

Taking up any new hobby, even far removed from the chat rooms, now has a perceived 'kiddyfeeler' risk associated with it, especially sporting activities. Our local fencing club has had to remove all photographs from their newsletter as a result of the belief a paedo might get their kicks from looking at children brandishing a foil.

I blame the media myself, there is always a chance somebody out there is getting more than satisfaction from helping a younger member of the public get on with their education, but to keep the statistics from the main pages press, ie, the results of convictions against the original number accusations, just to maintain sales of tabloids, is as sick as the perverts themselves.

Donzo, join another forum, or get involved in real life with others, at least then you have a chance to counteract any accusation with witnesses.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i once was taking pictures of my son (about 3 at the time) being cheeky and splashing in the bath etc etc, i thought it was a good photo opportunity, so went to get my camera..... my brother went mad!!

"you cant take pictures of a naked boy in the bath" he was serious too..
"no harm, its my son" i said
"the people developing the photos might not think so" he went on

in the end i didnt take the photos... and found myself nearly agreeing with him?? but the very fact we had that conversation proves what a twisted world we now live in.

living in fear that others might think we have alterior motives, when doing something so innocent as a father taking some memorable pictures of his 3yr old son enjoying playing with his boats and other toys in the bath.

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
It's the most offensive accusation anyone can level at ya.

I realize these perverts need to be locked up FORVER, but the term peado is used so frequently these days and without justification. In the case I mentioned above about the disabled man, it can end in murder...

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
This is the type of person (personallity) who would find it difficult to hold a normal conversation with another human being. They have panic attacks and start to shake. Thus they use the internet as their virtual world in order to communicate with others. Sad :-nuts

Marts

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You'll probably find he was actually a 56 year old peado. :rolleyes:

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jonathan King, he's 60.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
I would keep out of these places, Sh1t happens. As you have found out.

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hey, John, they're not all bad. This lad 18 said I was "cool." But you're right, I won't go back.