Reaction score
Website
forum.heavenly-voices.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S with rotor and official Canal Digital Family package,
Asustek DVB-T for FTA terrestrial channels
My Location
Sweden
Sorry to bother you all with this post... it's always embarrassing to ask for this kind of help...

Sarah Brightman will perform at the Classical Brit Awards this year and the gala is to be aired on ITV1 on May 15th. http://www.classicalbrits.co.uk/news/146/

I'm just a simple Swede and since we're not blessed with this channel over here I wonder if there is any British gentleman around with a Dreambox who would consider recording this program for me and allow me to download the ts-file afterwards?

Regards
Morgan

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sure there won't be a problem Morgan, probably best to resurrect this closer to the time though. :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
PM me nearer the time and I'll record it for you.

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
Thanks to both of you. :-) You've helped me before Mark and I'm eternally grateful for that. Sarah has been quite for so many years and it means a lot to both me and other fans to see her again. I'll contact both of you to work out the details a week or so in advance of the show if that's ok?
If there are more Sarah fans in here you might want to know that I share freely all the recordings I have on the forum linked in my profile. The last additions are from her recent promotion tour in the US.
/Morgan

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
PM me to, i will record it also... just as a back up

better if 2 people record it.... just in case

no problem :)

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
Much appreciated. Will do so. Thanks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Sorry transpetaflops, I wish I can help you too, but I can't receive this channel.

But as the *.ts file can be a huge few GB in size, how long would it take to download it?
What is the best method to use in this case?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
FTP or Peer to Peer software (e.g. uTorrent).

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
HB13DISH said:
Sorry transpetaflops, I wish I can help you too, but I can't receive this channel.

But as the *.ts file can be a huge few GB in size, how long would it take to download it?
What is the best method to use in this case?

Thanks HB13DISH. I regularly transfer files of these sizes since I share all my recorded videos with other fans on my forum. For that purpose I settled for BitTorrent for two reasons: It keeps the integrity of the file by calculating checksums which it monitors throughout the transfer. BitTorrent also splits the file in literally thousands of individual pieces and allows you to download different pieces simultaneously from different people, effectively spreading the bandwidth load and utilization between everyone currently downloading the same file.
Although I have 1 or 2 dial-up users on the forum, you probably don't won't to try transfer files of these sizes unless you have a broadband Internet connection. For my own part I can upload 1GB in 1.5 hours and download the same amount in 10 minutes on my 20/3 ADSL connection (effective speed 17/2).
Just as Mark replied, BitTorrent or ftp would be the best options to transfer these huge files. Using ftp, one should consider splitting the file with WinRAR or similar so you don't have to upload the whole file again in case of an error during the transfer. WinRAR also has the option of adding checksums as an extra security measure.
/Morgan

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thanks. Sounds interesting.
I will take a look at those methods.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
could also include par2 files ;)

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
rolfw, you didn't happen to read my pm in time and record Sarah Brightman on "BBC Breakfast", did you? If you or anybody else happen to have a recording of that show or even "Turbridy Tonight" on RTE, I really would like to have a copy. :-)
/Morgan