Unlucky or what

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Buy a 7000s, learn how to use it, and the services are dropping like flys.

May be the most expensive FTA box yet.

Get just about as many services on the Lidl box.

MacAddict

Reaction score
gameboy said:
Buy a 7000s, learn how to use it, and the services are dropping like flys.

May be the most expensive FTA box yet.

Get just about as many services on the Lidl box.
hee heee, D+ went today. I am stiill happy as tp* show the football. As long as one of them is working I will be happy. Does some one remember who long the last blackout lasted for ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Who cares? - You learned how to use it, and that's all that matters!

I've found that if you want free S*Y, stick a post in your front garden with a mirror attached to it, and angle it such that you can see into next doors lounge from yours!

Just pullin' yer leg.

Think of it this way - if you were to plug all the 'pay' channels you receive over the period of say a year into a huge spreadsheet, bung in and tot up all the subscription fees payable on all of them, and adjust based on the ratio of how many days they've been available to us compared to 100% availability, toss in a coupla cans of warm lager and a few biscuit crumbs (there's a button to do this on the Excel 2003 'Food & Drink' toolbar...) and I bet it comes out more than the cost of your Dreambox. Additionally, put a price on how much fun you've had talkin' to us for the last few weeks, and you start to realise you are indeed a rich man.

Next week, go buy yourself an even more expensive gadget, and justify it to your Mrs. on the above basis.

:) :) :) :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The channels are always going to ebb and flow, part of the fun. As I've said many times before, if you treat this as a replacement for a full subscription, you and more likely your family are going to end up disappointed.

It of course will seem a lot worse if you happened to come on the scene when it is running through a rich vein as it has been of late. There have been times when there was next to nothing available.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Just have to watch the thousands of FTA channels then!

So far most of the programmes I have watch are FTA.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
BGonaSTICK said:
Who cares? - You learned how to use it, and that's all that matters!

I've found that if you want free S*Y, stick a post in your front garden with a mirror attached to it, and angle it such that you can see into next doors lounge from yours!

Just pullin' yer leg.

Think of it this way - if you were to plug all the 'pay' channels you receive over the period of say a year into a huge spreadsheet, bung in and tot up all the subscription fees payable on all of them, and adjust based on the ratio of how many days they've been available to us compared to 100% availability, toss in a coupla cans of warm lager and a few biscuit crumbs (there's a button to do this on the Excel 2003 'Food & Drink' toolbar...) and I bet it comes out more than the cost of your Dreambox. Additionally, put a price on how much fun you've had talkin' to us for the last few weeks, and you start to realise you are indeed a rich man.

Next week, go buy yourself an even more expensive gadget, and justify it to your Mrs. on the above basis.

Not to forget that without the Dreambox you would not come across the answers of my learned friend Stick*!

T_G

* Permanent holder of "TG's Answer of the Week Award"

:D :D :D