Unsure about new Dr Who series...

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
I was one of the 1st to champion the return of Dr Who on the BBC.

But having seen some excerpts from the first episode my confidence in the new series is waning.

For a start, I am sorry but I just cannot stand Billie Piper. The way she came from a figure of fun on Channel 5 "Where Are They Now?" programmes to today being laughingly compared to Dame Judi Dench is ridiculous.

Her greatest role was supposed to be in Cantubury Tales, but her acting in that was quite limited to crying then jumping into bed with the Irish bloke off the Yellow Pages TV adverts.

Hardy Shakespeare.

Her whole career post her pop stardom has been driven by Chris Evans' fame. Without Chris, she would have been STILL a washed-up former pop star.

Anyway, back to Dr Who. I'm still uncertain about Chris Eccleston's Dr. I think he has a Yorkshire accent in this and wears a "cool" leather jacket bought from Tescos...err, would the Dr wear that?

And I'm not happy with the inside of the TARDIS, which looks like when Peter Cushing did the film role. It looks like nothing or something.

What's your opinion??? ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't seen enough clips yet to make a decision, but will be interesting to see. As for Billy Piper She's a Dog :)

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
I'll probably end up not watching it, m8. I just find Billie Piper so irritating. She typifies the woman who takes advantage of the man in her lifer.

I also didn't like the way she ignorred Jamie Oliver when she was on Parkinson on Saturday. Most decent people look to the other person while talking to Parky, but she never looked at Jamie once.

Don't like her m8. I cannot change my opinion.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You don't have to align with her philosophy to stare at her tits. :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Going back to the original question - I'm looking forward to the series although not without a little concern. The first good thing is that although the theme tune has been updated it is still very recognisably Dr Who and still sends tingles down my spine.

Secondly - inside of the Tardis. This looks good to me and is a development of that seen in the Dr Who film nine years ago. This time there seems to be a more organic look about it; a hint of Alien perhaps?

Thirdly - let's just be glad it's back. Whatever's wrong can be changed.

PaulR

BTW - YORKSHIRE accent? Wrong side of the Pennines - Cristopher Ecclestone's from Manchester.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
PaulR said:
BTW - YORKSHIRE accent? Wrong side of the Pennines - Cristopher Ecclestone's from Manchester.

Oh No, probably got hacked cable as well. ;)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think it's great to have it back.

The thing about Dr Who was that you accepted that it had it's limitations, but it still managed to have you crying yourself to sleep.

Now my kids can have sleepless nights too!

And of course the Daleks make the whole thing work again... gulp, they still give me the willies....

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
You don't have to align with her philosophy to stare at her tits. :)
But would you go there after Chris Evans?

As for her pectoral embellishments I don't think any Dr Who assistant can beat the wonderful Peri, played by Nicola Bryant.

Perhaps we should have a poll on this? Which Dr Who assistant has the nicest tits (or maybe bum). Anyone saying Peter Purves is instantly banned from this site.

Note to Rolf. Perhaps we need a Sad Gits section on the board to cover this sort of thing.

PaulR

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No sad gits here. :D

Go on, set up a poll, can you remember all of the girls?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
can you remember all of the girls?
Sad to say I can even remember the first episode of Dr Who being shown. I'll have to do some research for all the girls (and there were quite a few!) but in the meantime can I remind you about Katy Manning? I also had a soft spot for Wendy Padbury as Zoe, definitely a candidate for Best Bum there.

At this point I have to give my thanks to h**p://www.douglass.co.uk/webpromote/celebs/oops_index.htm for the pics.

PaulR

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
PaulR said:

As for her pectoral embellishments I don't think any Dr Who assistant can beat the wonderful Peri, played by Nicola Bryant.

Perhaps we should have a poll on this? Which Dr Who assistant has the nicest tits (or maybe bum). Anyone saying Peter Purves is instantly banned from this site.

Note to Rolf. Perhaps we need a Sad Gits section on the board to cover this sort of thing.

PaulR

LOL. Nice baps...

PaulR said:

Don't want to go there, just want to make sure my brain doesn't die with any spare memory capacity... ;)

You know, I think I'm a bit ill - I liked 'Jo' but can't remember why? She was a bit 747 as I remember now... :rolleyes: Childhood eh?!

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I never liked Billie in The Banana Spilts anyway. :)

Far Right. ;)