• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

update Irdeto Allcam SE?

My Location
London
Hi, first of all I have an Aston 103 cam but i think its dead. After inserting into my receiver (Pentavision CI), the software at first registers i have a cam inserted, then the software boots out as if it is no longer inserted. Is it "DEAD"?

To resolve this issue, I have had an Irdeto ALL CAM SE lying around for ages (900440 on back). Ive heard u can flash this to Seca/Irdeto/VIacess etc. However, on my laptop, i only have Wndows ME and some of the software i had heard about onkly uses 95/98. I have never done this before, so .... can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that the CAM can be flashed to anything other than an Irdeto and to be honest, most people wouldn't want to do it.

I spoke to Pentavision with regard to their software and it's inability to use an allcam (no cam menu), but it fell on stoney ground, as did other queries I had regarding the drivers. The result of this attitude is that my Pentavision Ci now sits in a box in the cupboard and it is the last piece of Pentamedia equipment that i will buy.

I would certainly try your 1.03 cam in someone else's machine if you can.

I'm sure that there will be someone on the board that will be happy to swap a standard Eurocam for your Allcam and possibly make a cash adjustment.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Another option Aseman might be to get yourself a season interface a copy of wallbanger and use that in the Allcam.