update Irdeto Allcam SE?

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Hi, first of all I have an Aston 103 cam but i think its dead. After inserting into my receiver (Pentavision CI), the software at first registers i have a cam inserted, then the software boots out as if it is no longer inserted. Is it "DEAD"?

To resolve this issue, I have had an Irdeto ALL CAM SE lying around for ages (900440 on back). Ive heard u can flash this to Seca/Irdeto/VIacess etc. However, on my laptop, i only have Wndows ME and some of the software i had heard about onkly uses 95/98. I have never done this before, so .... can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that the CAM can be flashed to anything other than an Irdeto and to be honest, most people wouldn't want to do it.

I spoke to Pentavision with regard to their software and it's inability to use an allcam (no cam menu), but it fell on stoney ground, as did other queries I had regarding the drivers. The result of this attitude is that my Pentavision Ci now sits in a box in the cupboard and it is the last piece of Pentamedia equipment that i will buy.

I would certainly try your 1.03 cam in someone else's machine if you can.

I'm sure that there will be someone on the board that will be happy to swap a standard Eurocam for your Allcam and possibly make a cash adjustment.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Another option Aseman might be to get yourself a season interface a copy of wallbanger and use that in the Allcam.