Updating channels/satellites automatically?

J

joe publik

Hey Dreamers ...

Is there a way to automatically:

1. kick-off the autosatxml plugin, to have it download the satellites.xml file overnight (or whenever, cron'd etc), or if not by using the autosatxml plugin is there another way, like a simple shell script? Is there an up-to-the-minute satellites.xml file anywhere?

2. automatically do a satellite/transponder scan (again perhaps overnight, cron'd etc) of preset satellites?

The idea of course is to **automatically** update my DB7K overnight so that each morning I am up-to-date with all the new channels ...

Cheers,

JP

john_graydon

john_graydon

My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
joe publik said:
Hey Dreamers ...

Is there a way to automatically:

1. kick-off the autosatxml plugin, to have it download the satellites.xml file overnight (or whenever, cron'd etc), or if not by using the autosatxml plugin is there another way, like a simple shell script? Is there an up-to-the-minute satellites.xml file anywhere?

2. automatically do a satellite/transponder scan (again perhaps overnight, cron'd etc) of preset satellites?

The idea of course is to **automatically** update my DB7K overnight so that each morning I am up-to-date with all the new channels ...

Cheers,

JP
I dont think so. I have to do mine manually. Would be great to do an auto one every week or so. You can download latest ones but again its manual.

J

joe publik

That's what I found too ... Weird that theres nothing out there, or that autosatxml cant/doesnt do it. Or maybe it does, I dunno.

One of the great things with the DB is the ability to be able to do this sort of thing, it's a piece-of-p*ss really from a linux point-of-view ...

mbranco

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
... and maybe having automatically added in a conventional bouquet (e.g. "NEW") all the new channels compared with the channel-list before the updating....

(the only tool I know that helps about this is the function "Tools / Compare..." in DreamboxEdit)