Updating channels/satellites automatically?

joe publik

Reaction score
Hey Dreamers ...

Is there a way to automatically:

1. kick-off the autosatxml plugin, to have it download the satellites.xml file overnight (or whenever, cron'd etc), or if not by using the autosatxml plugin is there another way, like a simple shell script? Is there an up-to-the-minute satellites.xml file anywhere?

2. automatically do a satellite/transponder scan (again perhaps overnight, cron'd etc) of preset satellites?

The idea of course is to **automatically** update my DB7K overnight so that each morning I am up-to-date with all the new channels ...

Cheers,

JP

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
joe publik said:
Hey Dreamers ...

Is there a way to automatically:

1. kick-off the autosatxml plugin, to have it download the satellites.xml file overnight (or whenever, cron'd etc), or if not by using the autosatxml plugin is there another way, like a simple shell script? Is there an up-to-the-minute satellites.xml file anywhere?

2. automatically do a satellite/transponder scan (again perhaps overnight, cron'd etc) of preset satellites?

The idea of course is to **automatically** update my DB7K overnight so that each morning I am up-to-date with all the new channels ...

Cheers,

JP

I dont think so. I have to do mine manually. Would be great to do an auto one every week or so. You can download latest ones but again its manual.

joe publik

Reaction score
That's what I found too ... Weird that theres nothing out there, or that autosatxml cant/doesnt do it. Or maybe it does, I dunno.

One of the great things with the DB is the ability to be able to do this sort of thing, it's a piece-of-p*ss really from a linux point-of-view ...

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
... and maybe having automatically added in a conventional bouquet (e.g. "NEW") all the new channels compared with the channel-list before the updating....

(the only tool I know that helps about this is the function "Tools / Compare..." in DreamboxEdit)