updating keys

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
i found keys for a channel. do i just update the pic file or does the eeprom need to be updated as well. ????
because there is no mention of the 16.hex file.

i am confused??

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There are different kinds of keys for different purposes and encryption systems.
Which keys are you referring to? For which encryption system(s)?
And which kind of card are you talking about?

Assuming you are referring to goldwafer files, 99% of filesets on the net consist of a software file for the 16f84 PIC and a key file for the 24c16 EEPROM. So to incorporate new or changed keys only the eeprom file needs to be edited and reprogrammed. However, if you are talking about a wafercard with non-removable chips, the eeprom is only accessible via the PIC (through-PIC proramming) - so although only the eeprom's contents need to be changed, that still requires first programming the PIC with a "loader" and after programming the eeprom, putting the original PIC file back again.
Also be aware that different versions of the PIC software support different numbers of providers, so it is not always possible simply to add more keys. You may have to replace a key instead.

Finally, some PIC software supports the updating of keys via the parental-lock feature of the receiver once the card is inserted.

2old

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
Firstly 2old4this where have you been???
I thought I was being ignored :)
I am using barracudas edit software and files. Does the loader file go on the card when you program for the 2nd time?

Putting the original pic file back?? I am a bit confused .

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Where have I been??? Barely a day goes by that I don't spend more time than is healthy on this board!

Please read the "how to/FAQ" on wafercards (seach function...) - it will explain how this loader business works.

If it's still not clear then get back to us with more specific info, such as the programming utility you are using and the type of programming device.

2old

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
'Finally, some PIC software supports the updating of keys via the parental-lock feature of the receiver once the card is inserted.'

2old

Can the nokia9800s do this, is so how??

Shahid

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I have no experience with that receiver.
Someone else...?