Updating softcam keys

mshabir

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised diseqc 1.2 superjack motor, 1m dish, 0.2db lnb, topfield tf3000cipro receiver
My Location
West Yorkshire
I have a goldmaster 9400ci, that I am attempting to update the softcam via hyperterminal. The only softcam key file I can find is a "Neta" softcam key file. What is a "neta". Can this be used with any softcam, or is "neta" a make such as goldmaster? If it is the make, what would happen if i uploaded it to my receiver?

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

xp4600+ @2.7GHz(aircooled) , 4.5TB HDD, 4GB SDRAM, Dual 8800
My Location
Belfast
hyperterminal requires you to know the right linux command. much better to use an ftp program. any softcam.key file should do. the problem is putting it in the right folder for your receiver. it is usually the var/keys folder on linux based machines.

mshabir

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised diseqc 1.2 superjack motor, 1m dish, 0.2db lnb, topfield tf3000cipro receiver
My Location
West Yorkshire
Ummm, the instructions I had were to just set up the settings. Then click transfer and select the file, then hit send. The file should then be sent automatically when I select "download code from PC" on my receiver.

It did seem straightforward. Where do i get the ftp file sender and also some instructions.