Upgrading from from Old Dish

jAk

Reaction score
Hi

I have a fair amount of idea about Satellite but I just needed to ask some questions to put my mind at rest.

1. I have just upgraded my analogue LNB to MTI Blue 0.6dB, using the existing (60cm/80cm?) dish I had. What I wanted to know is the old analogue dish pointing at 19.2E?

2. If this is the case, what is the easier way to realign my dish to point 28.2E?

3. Is it possible to use the single LNB to get 28.2E and 19.2E on the same dish? If so, how?

4. Which Digital box would be recommended for viewing Free to View channels, that isn’t too expensive in a price range of £60 - £150? (Skys and European channels)

Any response would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Thanks

jAk

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi jAk, if you want to view two satellites, you need two LNBs, there are brackets made to hold them. Their is an LNB called a monobloc with 6 degree separation, but it is no good for the two satellites you mention.

You can buy a stand alone digital receiver for £100 or so from www.sateuropa.com, or a Skystar2 PC card receiver which has more potential for £59. You could then spend the balance on a DiseqC motor and pull in a lot of satellites.

jAk

Reaction score
rolfw, thanks for the reply

Where can i buy a reasoable priced LNB monobloc and a DiseqC motor from the UK? Would i have to purchased two LNB monoblobc and part my new MTI blue LNB?

Im used to watching the 19.2E but can it be done with 28.2E if i was to puchased the monobloc as mentioned above?

Forgive me, I borrowed a Sky digi box and unable to get any signal, i have changed the LNB as mentioned above and assume its pointing at 19.2E. So what is happening? or do i need to change some settings in the services section in the menu?

Again your help is very appreciated.

Many Thanks

jAk

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The monobloc is as I mention above, no good for the two satellites you want to view, also it will not work with a Sky digibox, so you can keep your MTI and just add another for 28.2 on a side bracket.

If you are at present pointing at 19.2, you will need to add any channels that you want to watch in the Services, System Setup, Add Channels section of the digibox menu. You will be limited to 50 I think, the digibox is not designed to view anything other than the Sky platform.

Go to http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.shtml to find channels that you want to add.