Upgrading old system - 36v or diseq?

dly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
N ireland
Hi all,

I have a Triax 1m on a H/H. It needs a new arm and 36v motor, and I mean to get a digital receiver (it was an analogue system). Should I go 36v or diseq? The dish is at ground level and fairly sheltered.

The Technomate 1550 CI+ looks like a great deal compared to 36v receivers/positioners. Should I get one and change to diseq? Or, should I use the same receiver and a V box. Is a separate positioner very clumsy to use?

I'm trying to do this reasonably economically, so I'd be grateful for your advice.

Ta,

dly

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
My name is Manuel I know nothing....
It's a no brainer Technomate 1550 CI+ diseq patches as well, there is no alternative. 1mtr should be fine.

dly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
N ireland
Thanx for your reply, toppervte33h.

So rather than buying repaclement 36v motor, arm and positioner, it would be better to throw out the triax H/H mount and get a diseq motormount to be driven by Technomate 1500CP+?

Sorry for being a bit dim about this, I'm only just dragging myself out of analogueland.

dly

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well you can do that, or buy a new arm and a V-Box, the DiseqC option is probably cheaper and easier to install.