Upgrading to Technomate TM-1500 CI+

xlaser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Fixed Dish Technomate 1500CI receiver.
My Location
UK
Since losing tps on Hotbird several months ago, I have been delaying the decision to upgrading my receiver. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect to continue to receive tps using my @sat EuroCam Pentacrypt v1.09 with a fun card would require a firmware upgrade to the cam.
A better option might be to buy a new receiver as prices have reduced considerably since buying the @sat receiver. The question I would like ask is: If I buy a Technomate TM-1500 CI+ could I use my Fun Card to receive tps without additional upgrades or am I better off upgrading to a Titanium card as well.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You shouldn't need a card at all with the Technomate, it is software flashable.

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
certain funcard files work with it

also, the patch updates the keys automatically so you won't have to change the keys manually like you will have to for other receivers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Does it now autoupdate on TPS?

the_wizzz

Reaction score
havent tried on tps as im at work but it does for multivision, so i assume it does!

xlaser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
You shouldn't need a card at all with the Technomate, it is software flashable.
I'm rather new to DVB. Most of my experience was with analogue.
Please expand on the software flashable technique which I guess utilises a Software Patch. Does this simulate the presence of a card?
I guess the Technomate receiver does not come 'Patched' from the supplier, so where can a patch be obtained from?

xlaser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
the_wizzz said:
I have researched the internet for a patch for the Technomate TM-1500 CI+ receiver with many forums pointing to 'alsat.co.uk'. Forgive me for being a really dumb beginner in this field, but I can find no reference to a patch on that site except for a forum where people ask the same question.
Does a patch really exist on this site? Does it still exist?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Once on Alsat's site go to the Technomate section and try Loaders and then Software.
Yes they are there, and there not that hard to find ! :-sball

xlaser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Rob said:
Once on Alsat's site go to the Technomate section and try Loaders and then Software.
Yes they are there, and there not that hard to find ! :-sball
The secret appears that you must first register as a user under a unique username then the info becomes accessible!
I am wiser now thanks.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Or buy one already patched of Fleabay like i did today:-Cgrin

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Oily said:
Or buy one already patched of Fleabay like i did today:-Cgrin

You can indeed do that but remember that these patches don't last forever, and at some stage (after a week , month, or longer) you are going to have to update your patch yourself !

:-hny

the_wizzz

Reaction score
yeah, eventually! but the latest patches are auto update!

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Rob said:
You can indeed do that but remember that these patches don't last forever, and at some stage (after a week , month, or longer) you are going to have to update your patch yourself !

Oh no,i've been fleeced;)

Think i'll be able to manage that,i hope,it did come with a free cd on how to patch:D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Oily said:
Oh no,i've been fleeced;)

Think i'll be able to manage that,i hope,it did come with a free cd on how to patch:D

No problem then:-Cbigsmil

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
the_wizzz said:
yeah, eventually! but the latest patches are auto update!

Really because there's no auto update with my latest patch, and that includes the Multivision channels ! :-sball

the_wizzz

Reaction score
it's working here...have you tried doing a factory reset? also, it takes a few secs to auto update

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Have downloaded the latest Technomate update and then Darkman's latest patch 23-12-05, but it's not worth me doing a full factory reset for a few Multivision channels, I'll stick to entering the keys whenever I want to watch them.
And at the moment though still no auto update.
There are some other Technomates that the auto update does not work on, the 7000 series I think, may be the TM-1000D is the same.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I have a Tech 1500CI+ but I still don't know what the card reader slot is for.What cards work in there ?

thanks.