**Urgent Alert for Penta 1.11**

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There have been some reports of Penta 1.11 killing version 1.04 MMs this morning, it is advisable to remove your module until more is known.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I thought only the clones were in danger from 1.11 Rolf.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not according to information going around this morning Jimbo, just as well to be safe, even if it turns out that way.

psats

Reaction score
its posted on other boards that its killing v104 allso i think dream have shot themselves this time)(-red

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Ok, thanks you two for the update. :)

dr.gonzo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
north
thanx for the warning rolf.<@>
luckily (or not) my magi is still away after the last assault.;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, as they say Dr G, every cloud...........:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It would now appear that it is only the non-genuine MMs that are affected, but as there are clones out there with holograms, it would be wise to double check with the seller as to it's validity.

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is Penta 1.09 ok? Thats what my MM is. Or at least thats what it says in my Humax receivers menu

BTW I got an email from this site saying I need to activate my registration but when I clicked on the link in the mail I got an error message. Can I continue to use the forum without activating my registration if not can someone tell me how to do it. Thanks.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Goffy,

Yes, 1.09 is fine, it would appear on all of the Magic Module.

Your membership is fine Goffy, the mail must have been sent out in error as it is normally only sent out to new joiners.

ccc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So let me see if I've got this straight.
Offical MM cards wont die with 1.11
but ccc hasn't a clue whether the MM that he bought from a recognised source
is Official, a clone or a clone of a clone or just unofficial.
All ccc knows is that it Magic Mondule 1.03 written on it,
and it works real fine with 1.11.
So Rolf says: ccc you should panic cos it might fail
and then it will not work.
Take it out immediately, leave it on the bench - trouble is then it definely is not working.
So do I put it in or take it out ???????
How on earth do I know if I have an official one - anyway would it matter?
Indeed is the so called official just the blend of MM that the firmware just happens to work with??
Will there be a 1.12 to fix all this ??? or am I "dreaming"
Will there be a PC reboot the boot download. (whats the "official" story on that?)
Does anybody really know anything or is everyone just saying that they heard someone had a cousin who knew someone who may have said that possibly etc etc etc. - just to appear knowledgable.
Hey guys that what it looks like me...)(-red

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't shoot the messenger ccc, if your module is working under Penta 1.11 then there's a pretty good chance that it is genuine and will continue working, perhaps you ought to think about contacting the module sellers to clarify the situation.

At no stage did I ever recommend that people panic, just that they remove the module until they can establish the validity of the unit, or load an earlier version than Penta 1.11.

This is one of those cases of damned if you do and damned if you don't, I tried to perform a service to those with potential problems by issuing a warning, the fact that it may not affect everyone obviously carries a sting in the tail.

ccc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey rolfy don't get defensive.
I give thanks to your input,
the comments were not specifically directed at you.
Anyway you say determine if its a so called official one.
The real point is -- there is no way of determining if it is official,
because as I see it the only definition of "not official" is that it has already failed.
(The suppliers do not have a clue if modules they have supplied will now fail)
Please prove I am wrong.
ccc)(-)(

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
CCC.

The point Rolf has made which is quite clear is that only your supplier can tell you if your MM is an official one or a clone. Unless of course he has been duped. Clones look very much like the real thing and difficult to differentiate from the official ones. It was thought that the official ones could be identified by the 'Dream' hologram label on the back but, I believe, some of these have been faked.

So to summarise, ask your supplier if yours is official and if he can't tell you then load Penta 1.09 on it should be safe from any problems.

bazzatips

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
iv been having a butchers on a few sat forums about all this mm problems and it seems that only folks with pcrypt 1.10 have been having a hard time of it,i bet there are lots of folks out there thinking "well what the hell should i do now?" well im one of them and i know what im guna do,im sticking with p/crypt 1.11 on my mm1.02 because it still works and if it f*cks up then it f*cks up,whats the point in taking it out "to be on the safe side" its not guna work if its out of your receiver anyway is it,if it aint broke,dont fix it

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
To be honest I haven't seen any suggestions about leaving the MM out permanently, just as a temporary measure until more was known. Once more was known then a post was added accordingly. In fact Bazzatips, a number of people have had their MMs knocked out even with Penta 1.11. Penta 1.10 had a timebomb in it set, to destruct on 01.04.03. So I reckon if you have a genuine MM then you will indeed be ok on 1.11.