Urgent help needed !!!

Ninja947

Reaction score
Hey I am a newbie to all this sattalite CAMs, but the idea of free channels on TV interested me!

So if there is any one who knows what i have to buy to program and also how to program, please help!!!!

How exactly do you get the free channels ?

by the way i am in UK and has NTL - if it helps in any way.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are looking to receive free channels via NTL, then you need to look at one of the forums which deals with Cable hacks, there are a couple in the Nobbly's Big Links forum under satellite forums, Modshack and Digital Forums.

If you are looking to receive satellite broadcasts, then you need to look through this forum under this section and also the CAms and decoders section for prices and what is available..

There is no such thing as free channels, they all cost a substantial amount to receive and are not guaranteed to last.

Ninja947

Reaction score
I read ur reply, and thank you very much for your comments.

what i wanted to know is if getting free TV channels is possible, how exactly do i do this. And i am willing to spend a bit of money if i get a reasonable number of free channels.

i also tried to register in the MODSHACK but failed, so as i am a total newbie please give me more information on how i go about getting TV Channels through NTL

thank you

mole4319

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
What's a bit of money and/or areasonable amount of free channels?
Bear in mind the advice given by rolfw - NOTHING is free and NOTHING is guaranteed to last!!
In the past few months I (and a lot of other people) have bought a Matrix Reloaded CAM only to find out that this has been bettered (in some respects) by the Dragon CAM, not to mention Titanium card(s) and so it goes on ( and there's £200 for a start!!!)
A lot of dedication and cash is needed for this hobby and if you want/need a guaranteed service with no hassle you're better off with S*Y.
Having said that, if you take as a starting point a receiver/motorised dish/CAM/cards/programmer, between £400 - £500 will get you hundreds of channels, a lot of them in English BUT they could be gone tomorrow.
Read as many forums ans as many postings as you can, then you'll gain some useful knowledge.
It's been my experience that if I have a problem or want to know something - someone else has been there too.
Good luck :)

Ninja947

Reaction score
thank you both for helping me!

what i now need to know is how and where would i find all these equipment needed. As mole4319 mentioned, i do need to buy a Reciever, Programmer, CAM, ect... So if you have any recommendations please help.

thanks again

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sorry Ninja947, but you need to invest more time in this project, you need to do more research and reading of this and other forums. Most of the information you would need is here regarding satellite equipment and what you can do with it and if it isn't here, there is almost certainly a link to it. Don't expect everyone to spoon feed you with the information, although they will always respond to questions.

It would appear that you are trying to bypass the weeks of research and setup that most satellite hobbyists carry out and I don't think that you will be prepared for the disappointment, after large expenditure, of your screen going black when the providers change their keys.

If you want more TV channels "urgently" and I would assume from your post, without interuption, then buy a subscription.

This is a hobby, if you treat it as a replacement for a subscription, you Will be disappointed, sooner or later.