Urgent info needed!!!!

kevy

Reaction score
Searching on this forum and others I find that there is limited information regarding Jtag and procedures on how to accomplish it.

As many people including myself :-doh! have installed bad or wrong firmware on their stb it seems that Jtag is the only way of solving the solution and yet there is little to no info on it, or individulas seem reluctant to pass on their experience and knowledge in this matter.

I have a Kaon KTSC-570 which is giving the dreaded ---- on its display. It will no longer accept firmware through Kup 230. It has no pin connector on the main board so I presume this is a solder job. I have not got the first clue about how to do this but I am a quick learning.

Please, please !!, has anyone got any info or can point me in the right direction as I am panicing as this stb is not my own and I have bricked it!!!

Cheers for any help!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I can probably help you regarding pinout connections for your kaon if it is a 20-tag connector, see the attachment below.

As for the jtagging procedure, a jtag interface with jkeys if the flash version is correct for your model.

Llew

kevy

Reaction score
Llew said:
I can probably help you regarding pinout connections for your kaon if it is a 20-tag connector, see the attachment below.

As for the jtagging procedure, a jtag interface with jkeys if the flash version is correct for your model.

Llew

Thanks Llew, that gets me somewhere there, perhaps someone has a circuit diagram of the Kaon so I know where I am soldering to.

I have a CAS 3, would I be able to use this for the jtag flashing?

Thanks once again for your help Llew, if anyone can take this a little further I might be in luck.

Cheers

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
You may have better luck in the Kaon section in the forum of _www.alsat.co.uk. Some info there on jtagging.

Llew