satworld98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver:Mvision & Openbox.
Dish: Gibertini 85CM
Satellites:28E, 19E, and 13E. Motorised Gibertini 1M
My Location
Luton
I got an installer to install a motorised system for me. Needless to say he has made a total mess of it. It seems I can point the dish to hotbird (at least I can scan channels when I point to hotbird but not when I point to other satellites – I think it is not aligned properly) but not to other satellites. Can anybody advice me why this is the case. Also, I want to enter my longitude and latitude into the USALs settings. My details are:

Lat: 51:52:31N (51.87516)
Lon: 0:25:39W (-0.42738)

Which one do I enter, is it the 51:52 or the 51.875. It is an Mvison receiver and the motor is a Moteck SG2100A.

Lastly, for Mvison users, I can’t seem to be able to enter 51.87 on the latitude settings. I can only enter 51.8 and I can’t enter .42738 on the longitude settings I can only enter 0.4. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
51.9 North and 0.4 degrees west.

Your due South is near enough 1W, so when you send the dish to zero, then you should be able to scan Thor 1W. :)

satworld98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Luton
thanks rolfw. always quick to help. i will check and post the result back to you guys.

satworld98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Luton
this new motor installation proving to be a nightmare. I can get 1w but nothing else. I have decent signal on it but I have tried everything from 42E to 30W with no joy. Am I doing something wrong here. Please help!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So you sent the dish/motor to zero and then moved the whole lot around to 1W, did you have to adjust the elevation on the dish to find it?

What latitude is the motor body set to and what is the make of the motor, sounds like it may be easier to start from scratch.

satworld98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Luton
rolfw said:
So you sent the dish/motor to zero and then moved the whole lot around to 1W, did you have to adjust the elevation on the dish to find it?

What latitude is the motor body set to and what is the make of the motor, sounds like it may be easier to start from scratch.

it is a moteck SG2100A. When I press goto 0 on my receiver, it resets it to 1W and picks up that position fine. when i pess go to satellite positon (after selecting something like 28.2E for example) it seems to go to where i expect 28.2 to be but it doesn't receive any signal.

it is a dodgy insatller that installed it and he is not coming back to fix it. it is too high for me to reach.

what do you mean what is the motor latitude set to?

thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There is a setting on the motor body, which needs to be set to your latitude, if it isn't then the arc will be wrong.

If however by sending the dish to zero it finds Thor 1W, that is a good start. Have you tried using the recalculate positions button?

Things to try if the above doesn't work.

Either:

Reset the box to factory settings and start from scratch by saving 1W and then entering your information again.

or

Try not using USALS, and using DiseqC 1.2, drive the motor using the East West control and save them one at a time.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, the latitude setting of the motor is adjusted by
undoing the nut indicated in this photo and tilting the motor up or down. There is a scale next to the
slot, marked in degrees latitude.
View attachment 12215

If you have an alignment issue with your motorised setup it is impossible to fix it from the ground.

Attachments

• sg-2100Amod.JPG
    sg-2100Amod.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 76

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It may not be a misalignment, as the setup can receive both Hotbird and 1W, it may simply be that the satellite positions were calculated incorrectly in the first place and the receiver is remembering them.

satworld98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Luton
I will give it a go later tonight. I have tried but USALS and diseqC 1.2. I have also reset my box to factory default. it is strange because every time i press goto 0 or move to sat positon (when it is in thor 1) it pulls a very decent signal and good quality as soon as i try to move it to another satellite position, it moves to what I will consider to be the correct position but it doesn't pull in any signal. I am sure i am doing something wrong. i believe he set the elevation (latitude?) on the dish by using his (the installer) meter. thanks for the help so far

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The elevation on the dish (called declination) will normally be set by meter, the elevation on the motor body, can only be set initially by using the scale on the body, if that is incorrect, you will be banging your head against the wall.