usals or Diseq

rh30a

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new motorised system
My Location
yorkshire
I have had my Motorized system well over a year now. Initially i had quite a few satellites stored on the unit. However a while ago I unfortunately deleted some of the stored locations. My receiver is a Golden interstar DST-8005 CI premium.
I have tried to add the stored satellites back onto the receiver but when I search the satellite list some are not there. I have Hotbird and Eutlesat stored but cannot seam to add the rest.
I have used Usals & Diseq to search the sats but to be honest i don't know the difference between the 2. Could this be where i am going wrong?
Does any one have the same receiver?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Ok, not familiar with the receiver but.....

Try a factory reset and re-boot the system

USALS also known as DiSEqC 1.3 is software that sends your motor to the calculated satellite position based on your longitude and latitude which you input into the receiver.

With DiSEqC 1.2, you have to manually scan and save the satellite positions onto the motor memory.

If a factory reset doesn't work, then you should be able to add a satellite and position within USALS and scan for transponders

Satman :)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
usals is best for use of use but now i use diseqc 1.2 with vbox as i have a 36volt motor so cant use usals anymore

rh30a

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
new motorised system
My Location
yorkshire
Thanks for the replies.
The sat i am trying to store is Astra 2. I have located the sat and tried to store the position. I have even dowloaded the chanels.
The reciever says it has stored Astra 2 in position 9 but when i search the stored satellites there are only 6 stored?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Why not switch to USALS out of interest ? :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Not familiar with receiver, but normally to see the sat when in normal mode, you have to have at least one channel scanned in. Though it should be there in the install menu.:)