Usals or Diseqc1.2 Motor?

ilpresident

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020, Stab HH120, Multiboot - OoZoon, Enigma 2 PCD 9, Nemesis
My Location
Malta
Hi,
I'm thinking of installing a Technomate 1500CI receiver with a motorised dish. I have trouble deciding which motor to get. The Moteck SG2100 or a STAB 100? I know they are both supported by the receiver but....If I get the Moteck (which is almost half the price of the STA:cool: will the receiver be able to use the USALS function, since the Moteck supports the Goto function? Is the Goto function the same as using USALS? :confused

H

Happy-Buddah

I have Technomate receivers also Moteck and Stab motors and they all work with each other useing USALS

Happy-Buddah

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
I have the Moteck (works great) but I'm not using USALS because it's not possible to make fine adjustments,not good if your after fringe reception.

H

Happy-Buddah

Hi steffan-st

How fine an adjustment do you want to carry out m8? With my Technomate receivers in satellite set up I can change the satellite position by 0.1* at a time to finalise maximum signal reception.
Regards H-B

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Happy-Buddah said:
Hi steffan-st

How fine an adjustment do you want to carry out m8? With my Technomate receivers in satellite set up I can change the satellite position by 0.1* at a time to finalise maximum signal reception.
Regards H-B

Hi!
Do you mean you can use the fine adjustment option when you are running USALS Buddah?!? I can't do that on my Humax

H

Happy-Buddah

@steffan_st

Yes, no problems at all, I even tried out the same trick with a Fortec Star Ultra receiver.
So for the cluster at 28* east I have one set of channels peaked up at 28.2* east and another set peaked up at 28.5* east. Similarly for the cluster at 4.8* east and 5* east and also for 0.8* west and 1* west. I just like optimising the signal levels with the gear that I have and the Technomates allow me to do this.
Regards H-B
PS hope that you enjoyed your motor bike rides:)
PPS I'll PM you (J)