USALS problem on Technosat 6000+

hmadfai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4820 II, 1.1 motorised, Sky, Dragon, Matrix Rel. and Joker CAMs.
My Location
Cardiff
Hello All,

Apologies if this question has been posted before.

I have recently installed motorised system based on a Technosat 6000+ receiver and a Diseqc 1.2 motor. The system at present uses Diseqc positions to locate the satellites so that I manually search for the satellite, do a few E and W adjustments and then store the position. Generally speaking this system is working OK although sometimes the receiver loses one or two of the stored positions. The big problem is finding the locations of the satellites which is, to be honest, a pain in the neck!

Both the receiver and the motor support USALS but I just cannot get USALS positioning to work on this system. When I go to the Channel Search menu and select a satellite the dish moves to the correct position and a successful channel search can be achieved. However, back in the ‘viewing mode’, selecting channels from different satellites does not cause the dish to move nor would the SAT button. So, for example, if I am on Hit Channel on Hotbird and I change the channel to Sky News on Astra, the dish remains stationary – no movement – as if the receiver is not sending the signal to the motor!

USALS is much more convenient than Diseqc, and I would really like to have it as the default positioning system. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hasan

BiPIB

Reaction score
I supose you did hit the OK button on your remote when you had your position set right for that specific satelite in the search channel menu, when you don't do that the decoder doesn't memorise the exact place of that sattelite..
That's why it didn't move in the first place when I was setting up my sattelite.
Anyway I'm not using USUALS but I'm using DISEQC 1.2, the third thing you can choose is FIX, but not interesting if you have a motor.

Can you or somebody tell me the difference and advantage between DISEQC 1.2 and USUALS?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Check this page for info on them both...

h**p://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/usals.htm

There is a link to a pdf file half way down - well worth a look!
(satcure_usals3.pdf)

BiPIB

Reaction score
Thanks for the link gameboy, I understand the difference better now.
But still one more question which they didn't explain anything about...
When you configure the receiver in USUAL, do you still have to set up a limit east and a limit west? Or is it of no importance, which I think it isn't

Greetz

hmadfai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4820 II, 1.1 motorised, Sky, Dragon, Matrix Rel. and Joker CAMs.
My Location
Cardiff
Hi BiPIB,

Thank you for your reply.

I will look for where to press OK in the USALS menu and will keep you posted.

Cheers,

H