Usals Useless??

stevienire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Moteck SG2100a + 85CM Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
I set my dish up for 5w then used usals to find the other satellites, It found everything on the west no problems but had alot of problems with eastern sats, It couldn't find one sat past hotbird.

I then decided to reset my system and try Disque 1.2 I found every satellite I could receive on both east and west.

Has anyone else had problems with Usals??

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
USALS is excellent and one of the few new modern things that i really fancy making old 36V motor ancient and rusty.

No, you shouldn't have any problems if you have installed it correctly, that includes the pole to be perfectly vertical the motor is mounted on, also you should turn the motor to the closest southern satellite at your location.

I use USALS and had some problems in the beginning that i had to nudge some satellites manually, that thing i solved as the shaft wasn't exactly at the 0 degrees position.

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
just did my sat today and used usals picks up hotbird and 19e but i have a bit of a wobble on the tube i fixed it to sort that out tomorrow and let you know wot i think of usals