Usb Hard Drive Problems

jonnie666

Reaction score
after running zeus in db 7000 on hard drive (160g maxtor) for a couple of weeks. yesterday. in what now seems a stupid idea. decided to move zeus over to 256 memory stick. success everything fine recorded another movie to hd. today db reports hard drive initialized but unknown file system and showing 160.087 gb even though there should be 6 movies on there dcc and flash wizard pro also no longer see the hard drive. any help would be great

ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
jonnie666 said:
dcc and flash wizard pro also no longer see the hard drive. any help would be great

Can you FTP to the box and check the drive that way?

You could try putting Zeus back on the HDD and it may all spring back - may be a problem with the image losing it's link to the drive when you moved it.

Whatever you do don't reformat it until your'e sure it's empty.

jonnie666

Reaction score
i can ftp the box with dreamcontrol but that dosent reconise hard drive same with flashwizard pro. if going into zeus control panel as if to format drive db reconises it has data on it but wont record or access films as it is reporting unreconized file format
ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Folks,

Jonnie, what image have you got in Dreambox flash?
When you put Zeus in USB did you start from scratch with installing an image in flash or just plug in a USB stick, format/mount it with FlashWizard 4.5b and add the Zeus image?
Had you originally put Zeus on the HDD with FlashWizard 4.5b?

73 & Happy New Year (wow I got it right that time!!)

jonnie666

Reaction score
i had zeus on the hard drive.official 108 on flash along with flashimage 2681 just wish i hadnt medled with it thought be better on usb (if only) then mounted the usb installed gemini image108 on usb then deleted zeus then installed zeus on usb everything fine even recorded movie on hd only today will db not reconise hd thaks for the replies

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi jonnie,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'official 108 on flash along with flashimage 2681'.
There can only be one image in flash but that statement makes it sound like you had two!
The best image to put in dreambox flash at the moment is 108.2-1 public beta. Changing the DB base image from the DMM 108.1 available from the official site to the 108.2-1 (try olmi.cz/dreambox for download) has cured various problems for people.
It can't hurt to give it a try. Get a copy of the 108.2-1 beta image. Load it to DB flash with FW4.5b. When it boots (preferably) enter your sat setup and let it do a full scan (only copy settings if they are from a 108 image and you are really sure of them otherwise it causes problems). Format USB with FW4.5b - mount USB with FW4.5b - load Zeus to USB using FW4.5b, letting FW copy the settings from the base image.
Hopefully the HDD will be there and so will the movies stored on it!

Give it a try and let's know how you get on?

73 & good luck.

jonnie666

Reaction score
i should have clarified dmm 108.1 was on flash istalled 108.2-1 beta as you sugested td0-35 and followed your advice on zeus intallation but still no hd. unreconised file system reported. so took the decision to loose the films and re format hd all ok now zeus on usb so the hd isnt spinning unecesarelly at least thats an improvement thanks for the help. and a happy new year to all

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi jonnie,

Sorry about the films but gald you got it going, well done!

73 & happy (quiet) multibooting!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
We should have a '.ts film whip-round', and send jonnie some DVD's!

Sorry m8. May your HDD be bulging with the latest blockbusters very soon.

jonnie666

Reaction score
cheers BGonaSTICK soon fill hard drive after today. every cloud has a silver lining

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
;) More people should remember that in the 'dark' days.

Good luck m8. Fill yer boots!

jonnie666

Reaction score
your right stick im sick of reading posts by people moaning they cant open this or that and this is the end blah blah there is always something to watch not long ago i was reading dreambox short of support and dragon also- dosent seem that way now the fun is in the hobby anyway