Use of third-party batteries warning



Nokia have issued a warning over the use of third-party batteries on its phones after a Dutch woman was left injured when her mobile exploded!
The paper reports that the 33-year-old, had been shopping in Amsterdam earlier this week when she dropped the handset. According to reports, the fall caused the phone to switch itself off.
Upon switching the device back on, it blew up, causing the woman serious burns to her face and neck.
Nokia, who has launched its own investigation into the accident, has confirmed the phone involved was made by them, but the battery was not.
A spokesman for the telecoms giant warned that while different-brand replacement batteries were cheaper, they often lacked essential safety features.
'We've heard about phones that overheated, melted and, in the worst case, exploded,' he said.
'In all cases it was caused by a replacement battery which was not a Nokia accessory. The manufacturers violated security requirements which should prevent it from heating up after short circuiting, for instance, after it was dropped.'