using dual reflector to improve signal of damaged dish antenna

gul_the_bull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci dvb card
6 feet metal casted dish with full c/ku support.
My Location
Pakistan
I have a dish that was damaged a bit. I have straiten it out but signal has some what deteriorated at ku band. Can using another reflecter help in recovering the lost signal.Can cassegrain or gregorian form help improving the signal.Dish size is
about 3 meters and loses due to shadow of subreflector can be neglected.Please suggest any website or guide me .

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
If the dish is damaged, it's not going to improve no matter what you do, just ask Analoguesat who has mostly damaged dishes. Best thing to do is get a new dish rather than waste money trying to "polish a turd"....

gul_the_bull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci dvb card
6 feet metal casted dish with full c/ku support.
My Location
Pakistan
thanx but no thanx my dish a bit damaged only on the small portion.It has warpage at that part and I think a subreflector will do.Any way please let me know the subreflector thing and how it work I just want to try it out as I have 30 cm reflector ready.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Go ahead, you won't listen to advice that will save you wasting your time.

R

Rd100

2cv bloke is right, Unless you take the dish to a steel engieering company you get no chance of fixing it

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
adding a subreflector means you have to have even more exact parabola dish.

The subreflector and main reflector needs to be in exact phase, otherwise you will loose more signal than a normal reflector.

If you absolutely want a subreflector i can sell you one, i have a spare subreflector to one of my 1.2M Gregorian dishes that you could try.

I want 80 euro for it plus shipping.

Let me know if you want it.