using neighbours dish and second lnb

flyinhaggis

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
My Location
Scotland
:) Ok it's against the law to defraud sky but if you were goin to do it youd probbly have to have yer 2nd set top box connected to the same telephone line but then in theory your digibox only call's back to sky once a month if you knew when that was you could plug it in and let it do it :) then put it back but theres always the problem of if you ever have any billing problems or the likes they can do a callback from their end whenever they like
if you want to do a call back it's easy press services then option 4 systems set up then ignore options on screen press 0 then 1 then select it opens installer set up then either add 1470 prefix or do new installation and voila it calls back to sky
the only reason it does this is so cant rip em off for box office movies with the battery thing llf

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will have problems if you withold caller ID, as the number is how they qualify that the boxes are in the same property.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i called sky about the second box being connected the phone line the said it didnt need to be. they said only one box needs to be connected to the phone.
that makes a bit of sense otherwise you would need to install more lines.
if the worse comes to the worse ill use a magic eye connected to there upstairs box.
but remember its only a wall that seperates the two houses. all im going to do is extend the cable and put the box in a room in my house.
i think it will be ok, i hope

flyinhaggis

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
My Location
Scotland
ok if you get a second set top box BOTH according to sky must be connected to an active telephone line at all times and this must be the same number but as i said b4 it only calls one day a month and i suppose if you call up and ask whoever you speak to on the phone can tell you what day every month that is and the reason your asking is because ur childs second box is also used on the same telephone line as his DIAL up modem lol CLI violation is the term they use in house if both boxes arent connected but also why dont you just run a phone extension through the wall would be a lot easier
ps : watch for the ren capacity on your phone line make sure it allows both boxes to caLL back

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well thats the sky installed.
i couldnt drill any holes today so ive just taken the box from next door and im using my own dish and lnb.
i will run a phone link just to be safe.

can anyone recommend a good website for the tv listings?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
doggy said:
can anyone recommend a good website for the tv listings?

Try...

h**p://www.onthebox.com/Satellite_TV.htm