Using sky multi room in different location

jamie292

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop and sky
My Location
London
Hi

I would appreciate it if you could pls try and answer my question.

I have a second home in london but my primary address is in manchester. I have sky with sky sports in manchester. If I was to order a sky multiroom box and card for this address but use it in my second home in london would I get all the channels I get in my primary home in manchester.

Thank You

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Multiroom boxes have to be connected to the same operational phone line at all times specifically to prevent folks getting a cheap sub in a different location. This is actively monitored & if too many checks fail you will get billed for two full subscriptions.

Of course theres nothing to stop you just carrying the box backwards & forwards when you go to the second place - as long as its regularly coonected back up again when you get home its unlikely to cause problems.

jamie292

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop and sky
My Location
London
Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply.

What happens if you tell sky there is no phone line near to where you want to place the multiroom box?

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
jamie292 said:
Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply.

What happens if you tell sky there is no phone line near to where you want to place the multiroom box?

Then they will run you a phone line.

Ive been lead to believe......(plz correct me if this is wrong)

If you dont have it connected and you miss 3 callbacks you receive a warning letter. If your receiver isnt connected at any stage for the following 3 callbacks after the letter, then they will bill you for x2 subs instead of x1 sub and x1 £10 multiroom. If your box receives all 3 callbacks after the letter your slate is wiped clean.

Callbacks are usually sent on or around install date

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
It is not unknown for people to get away with doing what you want to do without any problem at all :toke: Generally though If you start missing the callbacks you will start getting letters.

jamie292

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop and sky
My Location
London
Hi

So are you saying that around the date it was installed every month they check?

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
jamie292 said:
Hi

So are you saying that around the date it was installed every month they check?

Give or take a day or two, i was told this over the phone by a sly team leader, when i was experiencing problems with my multiroom phone connection.

bobby12345678

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not listed
My Location
leeds
they will send out 3 letters , when u recieve the 3rd letter that when sky will start charging u, you digi box will do what called a "callback" 1ce a month, round about the same time of every month,

sky can trigger the "callback" from their end or you can do the callback youself,

on the old software style menus

1 press services
2 highlight and press select on system setup (option 4 on your tv screen)
3 (make sure you can see picture setiing and sound settings on your screen for this part) press 0, 1 and then select

this part takes you into the installer setup menu

4 highlight and press select on new installation

"there will be a message displayed saying please ensure your sat dish is correctly alighned and your viewing card is inserted"

press select 2 times to get astra channel scan now scanning please wait

after about 2 mins it will say channel line up complete,

this is the point where you need to make sure no one in using the phone, when you press select at this point the digibox will try to send the "callback" back to sky

most advisors wont know u triggered the callback from your end unless they look really hard for it,

for those who have the hd digibox with the new guide layout

1 press services
2 highlight and press select on setting (the option with the pic of a spanner)
3 ( you should see picture highlight if done correct) press 0, 1 , select
4 u should be in the installer setup menu and look for install and press select

at this point the same messages shold appear as above and just follow it through

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
bobby12345678 said:
they will send out 3 letters , when u recieve the 3rd letter that when sky will start charging u, you digi box will do what called a "callback" 1ce a month, round about the same time of every month,

sky can trigger the "callback" from their end or you can do the callback youself,

on the old software style menus

1 press services
2 highlight and press select on system setup (option 4 on your tv screen)
3 (make sure you can see picture setiing and sound settings on your screen for this part) press 0, 1 and then select

this part takes you into the installer setup menu

4 highlight and press select on new installation

"there will be a message displayed saying please ensure your sat dish is correctly alighned and your viewing card is inserted"

press select 2 times to get astra channel scan now scanning please wait

after about 2 mins it will say channel line up complete,

this is the point where you need to make sure no one in using the phone, when you press select at this point the digibox will try to send the "callback" back to sky

most advisors wont know u triggered the callback from your end unless they look really hard for it,

for those who have the hd digibox with the new guide layout

1 press services
2 highlight and press select on setting (the option with the pic of a spanner)
3 ( you should see picture highlight if done correct) press 0, 1 , select
4 u should be in the installer setup menu and look for install and press select

at this point the same messages shold appear as above and just follow it through

The forced callback as quoted calls a different number to the "phone home" requests sent over the air so will not work as a replacement for permanent phone connection and is automated and nothing to do with advisors spotting different types of callback.