Using SkyStar2 DVB card to access UK FTA channels

C

colemaa

Hi,
please can someone help me, I am trying to use my Skystar2 card to view bbc and itv channels but i think they are encryted or something. I dont know what i have to do i am a beginer. I am using the astra 28.2 sky digital satellite and would like to be able to view the tv chanells can someone please advise as i have NO idea what to do

THANKS

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The SkyStar II will view FTA channels only, the UK terrestrial channels on 28.2 are all encrypted in Videoguard and only accessible through your digibox with the correct card.

Rolf

C

colemaa

Thanks for that is there anything else that i could do, and if it involves buying a new card which one would you sugest and will i need one of those CI things to plug the card in?
Is there any other way that i can get these channels using the kit that i have ?

Thanks again for your help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No colemaa, You can only watch VideoGuard encrypted channels using a Sky Digibox with either a Sky card or BBC FTV card.

Rolf