Using the record function on a new Dreambox 7000S

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Thought it would be nice to record a lot of the D-Day programming in digital quality, so I've just bought (yesterday) a Dreambox 7000S. I got one with a disk drive already installed but I can't work out how to enable the record function.

The operating system (now flashed with the latest official image) recognises the drive and reports its details correctly but won't record. Is there a file or something that needs to be modified to make it work? I am going to hunt around the web for the answer but if someone here has already solved this problem it would help me get everything working for tomorrow.

Another question: is a slight smell of overheating electrical varnish/resin/plastic normal on a new Dreambox?

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Turns out that I needed to format the hard disk first. "If all else fails, read the instruction book," as someone should have told me!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Easysat, been a bit tied up all day and missed your post.

It took me a while to work it out as well. :)